Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM INTERESTED IN SHAVING MY DOOR HANDLES. I WAS INTRODUCED TO A NEW PRODUCT BY A SHOP I KNOW, THE PRODUCT IS BY LA FRANCE AUTOWORKS. WEBSITE IS WWW.LAFRANCEAUTOWORKS.COM. I AM GETTING A GOOD DEAL. I JUST NEED YOUR GUYS OPINION, DO YOU THINK THIS PRODUCT IS NEAT , I NEED SOME FEEDBACK PLEASE. DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS PRODUCT ON THERE 300? I LIKE IT BECAUSE NO BONDO WORK TO BE DONE. I KNOW YOU STILL SEE AN OUTLINE WHEN YOU ARE CLOSE TO THE CAR. I AM GETTING IT FOR 700 CANADIAN INSTALLED ON ALL 4 DOORS WITH A 9V BACK UP BATTERY JUST IN CASE MY BATTERY DIES. I NEED SOME FEEDBACK. IF YOU NEVER HEARD OF IT GO CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE PLEASE. THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know you're excited, but really, lose the CAPS.

I like the shaved look, but I don't understand what benefit there is to sensing your hand. Remote door popping has been done for, I'm guessing, at least a decade. I'd much rather push a button and have my door pop open than push a button, wave my hand, and have my door pop open.

Something tells me that you could move the hand sensor money over to some bondo and paint money.

-Christian

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MHC said:
I know you're excited, but really, lose the CAPS.

I like the shaved look, but I don't understand what benefit there is to sensing your hand. Remote door popping has been done for, I'm guessing, at least a decade. I'd much rather push a button and have my door pop open than push a button, wave my hand, and have my door pop open.

Something tells me that you could move the hand sensor money over to some bondo and paint money.

-Christian
LOVE THE CAPS BRO!!!!!! BEEN DOING IT FOR"YEARS" SORRY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA ACCEPT IT OR DON'T READ MY THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYWAYS THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!!!!!! I REMEMBER LONG LONG TIME AGO WHEN MY MOM TOLD ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
dubster, I think shaving and utilizing poppers is the way to go IMO. I like the idea of the LaFrance, but up close, you can really see the outlines of the product, even if they color match em.. People on the LX forums have had problems with them as well.. I would spend money on a custom job (shaved and poppers) then have to buy the product and have problems later down the road... ;)
good luck...

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEMMISSEY said:
dubster, I think shaving and utilizing poppers is the way to go IMO. I like the idea of the LaFrance, but up close, you can really see the outlines of the product, even if they color match em.. People on the LX forums have had problems with them as well.. I would spend money on a custom job (shaved and poppers) then have to buy the product and have problems later down the road... ;)
good luck...
THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION BRO, I WILL GO WITH THAT. JUST GOING TO LEAVE THE HANDLES FOR NOW AND PUT THAT MONEY INTO MY KW V2'Z. SO I GUESS SOME PEOPLE HAVE THAT PRODUCT IN THIS FORUM AND THEY SAY IT'S NOT GOOD? GONNA WAIT UNTIL I WANT TO DO REAR SUICIDE REAR DOORS AND SHAVED DOOR HANDLES, MAYBE THIS NOV. DURING THE SNOWFALLS HERE IN TORONTO. IS THAT YOUR RIDE, IF SO THAT'S SSIICCCKKKKK!!!!!!!! WANT TO SEE A REAL PIC OF IT. PLEASE P.M. ME IF YOU HAVE ONE. THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
no problem Dubster, anytime.. the rear suicide will look hard as fu** on the 300! I'd do that instead of the shaved, and only relocate the rear door handles to make it look like "true suicides".. I would of have done this mod here, but no one in Cali has attempted this converision yet with results..
and thanks for the compliment on the pic, that's really not my car.... mines looks waaaayy better;)
i'll post some as soon as it stops freakin raining here...

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HEMMISSEY said:
no problem Dubster, anytime.. the rear suicide will look hard as fu** on the 300! I'd do that instead of the shaved, and only relocate the rear door handles to make it look like "true suicides".. I would of have done this mod here, but no one in Cali has attempted this converision yet with results..
and thanks for the compliment on the pic, that's really not my car.... mines looks waaaayy better;)
i'll post some as soon as it stops freakin raining here...
I GUESS I'VE MADE UP MY DECISION BRO!!!!! GOING TO WAIT A BIT FOR THE HANDLES. I REALLY JUST WANT MY CAR LOWERED. CAN'T DO IT BUT STILL COLD AND SNOWING HERE IN CANADA., NOT LIKE YOU LIVIN LARGE IN CALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!! I WILL HAVE PICS IN THE SPRING.

·
Registered
101 Posts
DUBSTER said:
I AM INTERESTED IN SHAVING MY DOOR HANDLES. I WAS INTRODUCED TO A NEW PRODUCT BY A SHOP I KNOW, THE PRODUCT IS BY LA FRANCE AUTOWORKS. WEBSITE IS WWW.LAFRANCEAUTOWORKS.COM. I AM GETTING A GOOD DEAL. I JUST NEED YOUR GUYS OPINION, DO YOU THINK THIS PRODUCT IS NEAT , I NEED SOME FEEDBACK PLEASE. DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS PRODUCT ON THERE 300? I LIKE IT BECAUSE NO BONDO WORK TO BE DONE. I KNOW YOU STILL SEE AN OUTLINE WHEN YOU ARE CLOSE TO THE CAR. I AM GETTING IT FOR 700 CANADIAN INSTALLED ON ALL 4 DOORS WITH A 9V BACK UP BATTERY JUST IN CASE MY BATTERY DIES. I NEED SOME FEEDBACK. IF YOU NEVER HEARD OF IT GO CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE PLEASE. THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!

i have a chrome door handles and i wouldnt ever remove them anyways how do u open thouse doors?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts