1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings SRT8 fans,

Was wondering if anyone could advise me on this weirdness:
My baby "coughs" once in while and always under the same circumstance:
When accelerating firmly from a stop or rolling start and turning onto the main road, she'll cough - just once - before continuing normally. It usually happens when I'm in D, but has happened in 1st as well. Its not the 1-2 shift hesitation I've heard about. It is definitely a fuel thing. But it doesn't make sense. With the computer-controlled fuel injection, she should "carburate" perfectly - the G-forces from that slight turn onto the main road should be irrelevant. One possible clue: when I get on the gas a little more aggresively, it doesn't happen. Its like she's in too high a gear as I roll on the throttle and floods out a bit, but with the computerized fuel injection, that should be impossible. (BTW, I only use 93 octane super - of course).
Otherwise, she's perfect:biggrin:

·
Registered
376 Posts
With computer controlled cars, never assume anything is as it seems. I had a similiar problem in my old IROC that only a new computer would fix...and it did. Sounds like a simple issue for you but don't rule out anything!

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Greetings SRT8 fans,

Was wondering if anyone could advise me on this weirdness:
My baby "coughs" once in while and always under the same circumstance:
When accelerating firmly from a stop or rolling start and turning onto the main road, she'll cough - just once - before continuing normally. It usually happens when I'm in D, but has happened in 1st as well. Its not the 1-2 shift hesitation I've heard about. It is definitely a fuel thing. But it doesn't make sense. With the computer-controlled fuel injection, she should "carburate" perfectly - the G-forces from that slight turn onto the main road should be irrelevant. One possible clue: when I get on the gas a little more aggresively, it doesn't happen. Its like she's in too high a gear as I roll on the throttle and floods out a bit, but with the computerized fuel injection, that should be impossible. (BTW, I only use 93 octane super - of course).
Otherwise, she's perfect:biggrin:
That is not normal. Quesion: are you running an aftermarket tune? If so change it and try again. If not, take it to the dealer. You might also want to see if there is a TSB on that.

Good luck.

Moose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts