Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well over the past 2 days I've put a few hundred miles on the clock and am averaging 30mpg (which is not bad considering she's now officially 2 and a bit weeks old).

I have to say that both yesterday and today I've had cause to ask her to strutt her stuff and boy has she delivered.

Yesterday I was stuck behind 3 lorries going up a fairly long hill. The opportunity to pass presented itself and the lady kindly acknowledged the request to do so. The mid range torque is great, enough grunt to get you past the problem and room to spare (a very rewarding grin erupted on my old fizzer).

Today, I had (how do you describe it?) hmmm.. "one of those cars" infront of me who obviously took exception to a large car with very bright lights stuck a good few metres behind it. I moved in to lane 1 (dual carriageway) and the car infront moved in too. As I moved out to overtake, yes.. you guessed it, so did the car infront. Finally I got a tad fed up and decided I would wait for an opportunity which duly arrived. The acceleration from 50 upwards was brilliant. The WRX infront didn't realise until it was too late and he tried to race me on the inside lane (i was quite surprised at this). He decided to bottle it when I was a good 2 car lengths infront.

Now I'm not a racing type, nor do I just sit there trying to aggrivate other drivers. I'm just saying the lady responded upon each asking and I'm thoroughly impressed with her.

She's extremely surefooted given the horrendous conditions today and the fact that the noise inside the car is so minimal. Impressed? indeed I am

:)

·
Registered
623 Posts
and the fact that the noise inside the car is so minimal. Impressed? indeed I am:)
Ahhhh, just wait until the ticking, clicking, pinking or whatever they call it noise starts ....

I got my car at 2,500 miles and it was OK, then it started to develop a noise that makes it sound like a tractor. My car is in at the stealership just now because they scratched the paintwork removing the 300C badges with a screwdriver (another story LOL), but the demo I have been given has 3,500 on the clock and makes exactly the same noise.

Apparently it is the hydraulic tappets?, but as they remove the sound dampening under the engine cover when the wiring for the chip is fitted, my car sounds a bit worse.

I was actually thinking about removing my "powered by Startech" logos and replacing them with "powered by Massey Ferguson" as it sure sounds like that from the outside.

Ah well!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Did they not replace the sound deadening material after they had fitted the chip - I take it your chip is the Startech one at megabucks?? Hey diesel's available, forecast on two of three websites is fair for Sunday so Da Pimp - Come On Down!! New Lanark awaits you.
Cheers John

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi John,

Yeah, apparently the wiring for the Startech chip is too thick to fit under the sound deadening pad so they just take it out.

Apologies for not replying to your PM earlier, our internet has been down as some t*at arsed up something at the exchange and we lost our broadband!

I won't manage to come down on Sunday, I'm DJ'ing on Saturday night till 3am and I can't get Monday off. I started working as a contractor for a new company last month and the omitted to tell me I can only get 23 days holiday total for the year (including publics). Would have been nice to be told that before I accepted a year contract but **** happens I suppose!

Have a great day & I'll be thinking of you all. Remember to post the photos!

Cheers - Keith

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I remember correctly your entitlement should be 24 days, this may or may not include bank and other statutory holidays. Worth checking

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ahhhh, just wait until the ticking, clicking, pinking or whatever they call it noise starts ....

I got my car at 2,500 miles and it was OK, then it started to develop a noise that makes it sound like a tractor. My car is in at the stealership just now because they scratched the paintwork removing the 300C badges with a screwdriver (another story LOL), but the demo I have been given has 3,500 on the clock and makes exactly the same noise.

Apparently it is the hydraulic tappets?, but as they remove the sound dampening under the engine cover when the wiring for the chip is fitted, my car sounds a bit worse.
Have you seen this recent TSB; might apply to the noise you hear. http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0900108_LE.pdf

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I think that is one for UK Chrysler 300C to comment on. Sounds a bit unusual for a main bearing to be over the hill at 12,000 miles - and the disconnect alternator drive belt to diagnose .............................? Only thing I can think of there is that there must be a degree of pre-load from the belt.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
The removal of the drive belt would be to eliminate any noises from the ancilleries,i.e. alternator,pas,air con etc.
I take it we are talking about the diesel engine here,I cant believe that a tap,rattle comes from a crank bearing,more likely to be a hydraulic lifter if anything.Also that bulletin doesnt say anything about replacing the oil pump,If you have to replace "worn" shells you should replace the oil pump too.
Has anyone actually had this symptom yet in the UK?
I too find it hard to believe a 12000m eng is knackered

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mr Pimp,

I started working as a contractor for a new company last month and the omitted to tell me I can only get 23 days holiday total for the year (including publics). Would have been nice to be told that before I accepted a year contract but **** happens I suppose!
this is not correct, you are entitled to 24 days this tax year and 28 next year if you work a regular 5 day week, to include bank holidays. see:-

Holiday entitlements: introduction : Directgov - Employment

and I dont believe they can get out of it by saying you are a contractor.

if you work a 5 day week you should not work more than 229 days in a year, I am happy to say i work 196 days a year (equivalent to 65 days leave) shortly to change to 186 (75 days leave) and I wont be happy till we are equal time 182.5 days.(79 leave)

regards

elpirata

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
if you work a 5 day week you should not work more than 229 days in a year, I am happy to say i work 196 days a year (equivalent to 65 days leave) shortly to change to 186 (75 days leave) and I wont be happy till we are equal time 182.5 days.(79 leave)
Holy smokes, and I thought my 28 days off a year after 17½ years with the same employer was pretty good. No leave is guaranteed by law over here. No wonder your taxes are so high! :wink:

EDIT: I'm assuming you're speaking of paid leave days. If not, never mind.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
If you are a bona fide contractor you don't have such luxuries as holiday entitlement etc as technically you are not an 'employee' of your client.

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
holidays,holidays?? what are they then???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts