Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, due to my need to move my core company from the luxurios surroundings of a Glasgow city centre office suite to a new manufacturing core, we are leaving lots of things behind, some directors some goods and some chatels.
I am gutted to say that the Hemi is in that catagory. It was a gorgeous extravegance and a prized possesion but time has come for her and I to part. I am buying my own car and won't tell you what, but I like it!
It has been a pleasure knowing all of you and I will drop in from time to time to see you all.

Take care folks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well, due to my need to move my core company from the luxurios surroundings of a Glasgow city centre office suite to a new manufacturing core, we are leaving lots of things behind, some directors some goods and some chatels.
I am gutted to say that the Hemi is in that catagory. It was a gorgeous extravegance and a prized possesion but time has come for her and I to part. I am buying my own car and won't tell you what, but I like it!
It has been a pleasure knowing all of you and I will drop in from time to time to see you all.

Take care folks.
Really sorry to see you go Derek, you've been a good source of info and advice in the time you have been on the forum.

Hopefully we will hear from you again in some shape or form.

Good luck for the future - sorry we never got to meet up!

All the best

Just

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Derek,
I somehow thought that something like this was on the cards. I am very sorry to hear it as you and I joined at about the same time and always seemed to be involved in much the same kind of thing. You know where we will be on May the 4th and of course you will be very welcome. I hope that things work out for you and that you will keep in touch with all of us on the forum. Take care mate,
All the very best - John

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Don't be a stranger! Stop in and say hello from time to time....

·
Registered
650 Posts
Stay in touch

Sorry to hear it Derek but needs must when the devil drives (I think thats right) but knowing you you will get another and be back with the crowd yet again.

Good Luck with your business ventures and remember there are many people on here from all walks of life that you can call on if you need any help.

Cheers

Stig
:)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Derek, very sad news indeed. I can imagine how you must feel having met and seen how passionate you are about your cars. I sincerely wish you all the best and hope you might be able to pop across to New Lanark (was the old one that bad they had to build a new one? lol) as it would be great to meet up again. I have you and you alone to thank for the help you gave when I was debating my own 300c purchase, so rest assured mate I'll do my utmost to help keep the Hemi flag flying high. As they say, "don't be a stranger".

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the very kind words guys, I promise when possible I'll be back in the fold.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
sorry to see you going,another HEMI bites the dust,trouble is mate what you gonna get for your next car,all the best,keep in touch

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Sorry to see you go Derek Mc, thanks for all the help and advice you gave me in the little time I've been a member. I hope that other car is at least a 7er ;)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK as many of you have been asking here's a clue to my next car,
to quote Jeremy Clarkson
1. You have to dig pretty deep to find the point of this car, but it's worth it!
2. If you are overtaking a lorry this car will accelerate from 40-70 mph faster than a Porsche 911 Turbo

Hmmmmm, any ideas yet?????

·
Registered
360 Posts
BMW M5?????? Can't see why you'd get rid of the Hemi for one of those though!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I've forgotten the model number but is it one of those mercs that Jezza was overtakin a line of traffic on Top Gear??

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Jeez Derek, this car was very special to you. Must have been a hard decision. Best of luck to ya and make sure you come back to post pics of your new ride, whatever it is.

Bernie

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BMW M5?????? Can't see why you'd get rid of the Hemi for one of those though!
Nope not an M5,
Sadly the decision to let her go isn't mine, even though the car is registered to me I don't "own" her so as I am leaving the organisation who do? she has to stay behind.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jeez Derek, this car was very special to you. Must have been a hard decision. Best of luck to ya and make sure you come back to post pics of your new ride, whatever it is.

Bernie
Hi Bernie,
The decision was more, stay and watch the company fold in a few weeks, or, leave, streamline the good staff by bringing them, rid myself of the useless F$%&wits start again with the support of some very good friends whom are clients, but to do so meant losing my "baby"
It's a real sore sore thing to do I tell you.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
it is that Merc then.lol

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Not to worry there Derek. You'll bounce right back. Sounds like you're making the right decision. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 32 Posts