Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was trying to take off my shift knob but have had no luck. I have tried unscrewing and pulling. I have a 05 300c. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, I got it off now, seems like i just wasnt putting enough strength into it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey All. I just bought a 2013 300C and want to replace the shifter with a momo, anyone know how this one comes off before I start yanking and twisting on it?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey All. I just bought a 2013 300C and want to replace the shifter with a momo, anyone know how this one comes off before I start yanking and twisting on it?

Thanks much!
Pop the chrome collar down, pull the clip, pull the handle off.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
In general... are there any problems threading or otherwise when switching out knobs? I've thought about it but haven;t really seen anything 'worthy' of the change. Then again, I haven't been actively searching.. I guess I should start.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Pop the chrome collar down, pull the clip, pull the handle off.
I didn't see a clip, it kind of looks like a piece of plastic in the shape of an x or t. Looks like it should be twisted/taken off with pliers!?!

Thanks all for your responses! I'll have to take another look.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,160 Posts
2013 Chrysler 300:
SHIFTER - FLOOR MOUNT
Removal

Remove any necessary console parts for access to shift lever assembly and shifter cables.
Shift transmission into PARK.
Disconnect the transmission shift cable at shift lever and shifter assembly bracket.
Remove the shift cable retainer from the notch in the shifter assembly.
Disengage all wiring connectors from the shifter assembly.
Remove all nuts holding the shifter assembly to the floor pan.
Remove the shifter assembly from the vehicle.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
I got a nice BT billet aluminum shift knob, black anodized, with an SRT8 engrave on it. That's what I switched to.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Holy Mackerel, thanks for the info. I'm just thinking of replacing the actual knob :)

Ok everybody chime in on me...again! Baaaaa...

I love this place!

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
Mine's a 2006 so it was just a firm twist to the left (lefty loosey, righty tighty) and pics of the shifter knob can be seen at BT's site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts