Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on my 2005 300 Touring RWD. I finished up, hopped in, started up, stepped on the brake and tried to shift but it won't let me out of park.::frown:: Any ideas where to start to look for a solution?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had this problem. I can't remember the correct name for it but it's the pink shift park lockout plastic clip has broken off and jammed the gear lever. We just searched how to fix it on Youtube but you have to take the centre console housing off and get a replacement or my partner fixed it so it will never snap again.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
There is a DIY repair that uses a cotter pin to replace the broken plastic hook.
Search for '300C Stuck In Park - Pink Thingy - Fix It Yourself $1'

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
Many of us here have been through this. Post up if you get stuck doing the work. I'm sure we can help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a few starts and stops I finally got it all back together and working. I used the cotter pin method to repair the Pink Thingy. It also gave me a chance to do some cleaning inside the console, etc.
I really thought that I did something to cause the problem while working on the front end but had no idea what.
Thanks for all the help.
Wally

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
After a few starts and stops I finally got it all back together and working. I used the cotter pin method to repair the Pink Thingy. It also gave me a chance to do some cleaning inside the console, etc.
I really thought that I did something to cause the problem while working on the front end but had no idea what.
Thanks for all the help.
Wally
You are most welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts