Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been posted before, but I can't find it. Sorry if it's a duplicate problem posted before.

When I am shifting from reverse to 1st, I get an odd vibration if I let off the brake too early. It seems like it taking too long to get into gear.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Question: Has the car come to a complete stop before you shift from reverse to first?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not always, but most of the time yes. If I don't hesitate for an uncomfortable period of time, the tranny does this. In "other" cars (i.e. all cars I have ever owned) I would never brake at all. For this one, I have to hesitate (1....2....3) after the car completely stops before proceeding to avoid to tranny vibration.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Try this..........

When you start the car and put it in R dont do it so quickly......if you do you will activate the 2nd reverse gear that will give you that rumble strip feeling or shudder....Wait till the car's RPM dies down then shift to R. Your car will be able to shift gears while not making complete stops try coasting in N for 1 second and then select drive...should work like a charm....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hawk.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Mercedes transmissions are notorious for a long wait (1-2 seconds) between reverse and drive. Do yourself a favor, STOP the car first, then WAIT until you feel the forward engagement before hitting the throttle. That small favor will save you LOTS of money!

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
?

The delay described is normal.

The shudder is not!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts