Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SRT8 300C. I recently installed a predator tune (93 and 91 tunes) to improve the lazy factory tune. Night and day difference..... For 2 weeks. I have had the tuner for a month and after about two weeks, the idle, shifts post important parts of the tune get out of whack. The idle will start to flutter (the motor slightly revs at low rpm's like it's trying to keep the car from dying) The shift points, well they hold the gear and kick into the next gear violently or if at all. If you put you foot into the pedal you can get around some of the crazy shifts. (all of these symptoms in D) In auto shift you can control a little better.

Once I convert back to stock, symptoms are gone.

The tune works great when reloaded, it's just the symptoms kick in around the two week mark.

Here is the info off the tuner.

At one point I did get a P2173 Code. (lightning bolt, abs & TC lit up the dash)

The car actually held 5th gear on the highway and would not downshift. Searched and found it to be related "possibly" to a faulty throttle body. (this was during the time I had the tune installed)

Uninstalled the tune, cleared the code has not happen since. Also w/ the symptoms of the throttle & shifting no codes came up .

I have a new throttle body on order as well as replacing the transmission fluid. (it's around the 70K mark so it's due)

Once that's done i'll re-install the tune. Are there any revisions to either of the tunes for the 06-10 SRT8 300's?

I did post on the diablo forums and they are scratching their heads. With the Factory tune the throttle response seems kind of "choked" as if the throttle body is gummed up and not allowing enough air to pass through. Pressing on the accelerator pedal makes it feel as if you anticipating more but...... nothing happens. Pulled the throttle body, clean no residue.

Car has 137K.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did that. Help out for a little bit but like I said after the two week mark Issue start to pop up. I put the stock tune back on yesterday and this morning I pulled the battery negative terminal for 45 minutes. I'll post results. Really would like to install the tune but I'm going to wait until I get the throttle body and the transmission flushed.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Have you tried recalibrating the throttle pedal?.. turn the car to on and slowly deprese the pedal,hold for a couple of seconds and the slowly release.the turn to off then start the car and see if that helps.
That doesn't recalibrate anything. I tried it after I needed my PCM unbricked. Throttle calibration is done via starscan (first gen), witech, or autoenginuity software.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sooo Driving yesterday the BAP (Sp?) and TC ESP light stayed on upon start up. (This was the 1st time I drove the car since I pulled the neg. terminal for 45min)

I shut the car off and re started the dash lights vanished. Car still felt gummed up with throttle response as usual. (hwy/street cruising) Shifts were pretty much back to stock feel. (not out of the normal like w/ the predator tunes) Crazy how different the tunes are compared to stock.

But, today was the 1st day the car ran warmer than normal EVIC read that the coolant was at 226 F and the fans did not kick on. Weird thing is that I never hear the fans kick on. Only time I ever heard the fans come on was when I 1st got the car, few days later the rad. cap failed and the car overheated.

Dealer said that the fan motors were replaced at 80K.

This morning I bumped down the psi on the tires to 33-32. They were around 35-37. The ride quality is much improved since doing this ditching the run flats and removing the nivomats. The car drives excellent. No issues running the car on errands this morning. Wish it would always drive like this.

Will get new TB today and install. Hopfully next week i'll do the trans service and going to get new plugs installed. Figured the stock plugs are still in there (137K) or the original owner put 5.7L plugs in. (He said he replaced the plugs every 30K) :/ Doubt he used the 6.1 plugs if he did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts