Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling NMG

I have noticed that some models have a black cover on top of the shocker towers and some do not

I have a 2007 build 3.5 and it dosent have them

I have seen 2 2007 CRD,s and 1 did and 1 didnt have them

Jamie should I have these , Just in case I got a Friday Car :)

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
The shock tower covers were axed in early 2007. The one with them probably was built earlier than the one that had them.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
You can get them at the MoparSuperCenter and they're not expensive - LX Strut Tower Cover.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
And they look better when color matched to the car... depending on the car color... black looks great on some.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
And they look better when color matched to the car... depending on the car color... black looks great on some.
I know 402 Motoring was doing them when they were vendors. Not sure if anyone's doing it still though.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I just checked it out.... And not sure if i saw the right price.....

Is it like about $6 only?!! Hmmm pretty cheap I say.....
Yeah, but the shipping to Australia would probably be a lot more. I bet you can order them through a dealer there for less.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hmmm I haven't even looked under my hood to see if I have them or not.....
I guess if Jamie can do a good price I'll Check to see if I don't have them.... I go get it from him....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The shock tower covers were axed in early 2007. The one with them probably was built earlier than the one that had them.

Bernie
Thanks Bernie
They look a lot neater with them on I wonder why the discontinued them

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Thanks Bernie
They look a lot neater with them on I wonder why the discontinued them
It's a bean counter thing just like the headlight washers. Added up even at this low cost probably saved them hundreds of thousands of dollars, maybe millions for all I know...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a bean counter thing just like the headlight washers. Added up even at this low cost probably saved them hundreds of thousands of dollars, maybe millions for all I know...haha.

Bernie
We have the washers here but im not sure if they are on the series 2
Useless things in my opinion

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
ADRs here in Australia require headlight washer as mandatory for Xenon lights (I believe), so no chance of them being deleted for us.

Also in NA, Xenons are not standard of 300Cs, or didn't used to be.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ADRs here in Australia require headlight washer as mandatory for Xenon lights (I believe), so no chance of them being deleted for us.

John
Im not a user manual reading person as you can see ,but how do those washers work ?

Do they come on with the screen washers or is there a seperate function only for the lights

I drive a S class Benz for work and if i hit the headlight washers it oversprays soapy water over the hood and the screen

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

I think you're right on that John. Hope you're doing OK there man!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
John
Im not a user manual reading person as you can see ,but how do those washers work ?

Do they come on with the screen washers or is there a seperate function only for the lights

I drive a S class Benz for work and if i hit the headlight washers it oversprays soapy water over the hood and the screen
Good question wozza. I'll try this from memory and stand to be corrected okay? :)

I believe when the wipers are on and on the third use of the washers the headlights get a flush.

I think you're right on that John. Hope you're doing OK there man!!!

Bernie
Bernie, thanks mate. Doing okay, on my second dose of drugs now and suffering little side affects.

·
Registered
633 Posts
John

Great question. How do they work? I have not even open the book yet.

This forum is the best user manual.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Great question. How do they work? I have not even open the book yet.

This forum is the best user manual.
First, good to hear John. Now if my memory serves, you set the headlight washers on or off in the EVIC menu. I have mine set to off...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Headlights on, hit the windscreen washers. Pretty sure it's one in three goes, but also number of ignition cycles in between will affect this.

As Bernie said, they disappeared in early 07. I agree, they do look unsightly without.
I'll get Jamie to price them up, knowing our system... they'll probably be over $50 a pop. So if that's the case, might be worth someone organising a group buy from the supercenter.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Hey, that's cool! I didn't know you guys had your own Mopar Parts vendor.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 30 Posts