Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone! i'm very new to all of this, so I'm begging for some helpful replies. I've recently added 22" wheels to my 300 Limited RWD V6 and I've been reading a lot about how a Diablo Predator (DS-U7136) can be used to change the tire size along with other wonderful performance upgrades. My questions are, are there easier ways to change the tire size? Is it even worth doing? Are the factory settings easy to change back; as I will only be using my 22's during the warmer months. I know many of you have the 300C, but any light you may be able to shed on the worthiness of performance upgrades via the Diablo would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Diablo vendor support is very active on the Lxforums.
Here is a thread that might help.

V6 time!! - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

Tire size adjustments are very easy to make with the Predator, and easily reset back to stock. What are your old and new tire sizes? I believe stock on a V6 is 17". The 22" tire size is the determining factor when setting your tire size. This tire calculator will help.
Car / SUV / Van / Light Truck Tire Calculations

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
The 22's diameter is 29.3 inches vs the stock 18" of 28.6 inches, or about 2.4% difference. The taller tire will make your speedo read slower than you actually are going. Your gas mileage will look worse than it actually is, and your 0-60 times will look worse on the Evic or Predator. If you are getting the Predator it is probably worth it to fix the tire size if these are important to you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for all of your help! is there an easy to find menu item for changing the tire size on the Predator? do you just have to change the inches or do you have to input a circumference?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I only know what I have read about Predator. I don't have one.
This excel spreadsheet link says you can enter either number, "Tire size by sidewall #", or "Tire size by height".
Click on the first tab "Main Menu Map". You can find it under Quick Adjust.
http://www.xeryder.com/predator/Predator_v.8r17_MenuMap.xls

Diablosport Predator

With Superchips you only have one option to enter the tire height in inches.
And with Superchips you measure the wheel diameter with the wheel mounted on the car, which changes the tires dimension.
I have 255/45/20's on my car which measure 29.03" when not on the car.
When on the car the diameter is 28.25".

When Predator gives you the option of entering the "Tire size by height", I don't know which diameter they want you to enter. Probably just easier to enter the sidewall number 265/35/22

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tuner with V6 limited

Hi there,

I just got the predator for my 2005 v6 limited and so far its great. It really takes away that lag when you step on the gas, and you can feel the torque difference immediately. I've put on dual exhaust and CAI, but the predator is definitely the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hello everybody.... I'm new to all of this and also have the v6 touring and will be installing 22" rims this weekend. (from stock 17")

stupid question:
what is a Predator and what does it do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey KYLoc,

here is the link for the Predator made for the V6

DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems

i'm considering it for the ability to adjust the tire size, because things like spedometer, 0-60 time and Gas Mileage reporting will all be slightly off when changing to a larger wheel size. Although the 22" with 265/35/22 is close in size to OEM, it's still larger and therefore will affect things.

also the predator can make slight changes to other settings on your car based on fuel type etc...those slight modifications can improve the functionality of your car.

Predator also has the ability to change all of the settings back to stock at any time - always a good thing before taking your car in for service!

L8r,

·
Registered
78 Posts
I clicked on the "buy-now" button and "WOW"!!! $375!... that's $275 out of my range.

joey & 37.... thanks for the info. I'm learning so much on this forum!

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I clicked on the "buy-now" button and "WOW"!!! $375!... that's $275 out of my range.

joey & 37.... thanks for the info. I'm learning so much on this forum!
If you can only afford $100 for mods, you shouldn't torture yourself reading about all the goodies available for the LX's.:biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts