Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading so many complaints and problems with the C I'm started to hesitate on going through with the deal. The Rwd C is in order about 6 weeks away. Should I get my deposit back and go for the BMW new 330? I know I'm going to lose space inside, but I want my next car to have some good qualities not rattles, enging dying, sunroof noise, etc.

If you people could go back would you have bought the C?

·
Registered
529 Posts
The_Phantom said:
After reading so many complaints and problems with the C I'm started to hesitate on going through with the deal. The Rwd C is in order about 6 weeks away. Should I get my deposit back and go for the BMW new 330? I know I'm going to lose space inside, but I want my next car to have some good qualities not rattles, enging dying, sunroof noise, etc.

Where are you hearing this stuff from? I will have had my C for one year on the 26th of June and except for the pitting on my wheels I have had no problems.
Are you saying there are no problems with a BMW? Go with your heart, get the car that suits you.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The_Phantom said:

yea good idea forget the"c"..... :banana: GO FOR THE SRT :banana:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Every car Manufacturer will have its problems with its products... I know that when BMW came out with the E46 M3 they had a lot of issues with it... It is really which car you want to get and agree with MikeyJohn and get the car that suits you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How can you even compare a 330 to a C. If you are buying a C, I would think you would be in the market for a 5 series. Also if you notice all the problems are pretty much the same, its just people posting things without searching first. Stick with the C, you get alot more attention than a little ol' 3 series.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Amen to that! The only reason I ever look at a BMW now is because I feel them staring at me!!!!! IF YOU LIKE IT SO MUCH GET ONE OF YOUR OWN!!!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Phantom
Stick with your 1st love. I assume it's the C since you ordered one. I've only had mine 3 months but have put 8000 miles on it and have not had one iota of any kind of problem. No rattles, no noises from the sunroof and the only time my engine dies is when I want it too. I haven't even experienced the famous 55-60 mph vibration thing. Get the C as long as it was and still is your 1st choice. I LOVE MY C!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stick with the C! The only complaints I have is that I go on a lot of totally unnecessary errands just to drive the thing.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Same reason why I have 8K miles on mine already.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the support fellas. I decided to stick with the C. My previous car was a 2001 sentra se and I hooked it up almost to a rice machine but stealth. I'm just tired of that car with all the rattles and stuff, I just don't want to buy another car that rattles inside due to poor quality. But yeah, I'm 5-6 weeks away from delivery.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had my car for close to 6 months, 8500 miles, no complaints, no fit, finish or performance issues, just smiles. Had a choice of getting other cars spoke with friends that had other brands including BMW chose the 300C and have had no buyer remorse. My friends 72 y.o. grandmother told me I should put spinners because the car is soooo classy, never got that comment when I had my benz, don't worry I won't put on spinners, never wanted to get that classy :wink1:

·
Registered
160 Posts
though ive only had my c for 3 days, i have none of the issues many talk about. the steering is remarkably solid and any bumps on the road are barely felt on the steering wheel...ive heard others talk about a steering bump...not in this 06 c though. its a damn smooth machine. not a rattle a creak or anything anywhere. solid feel to it....doors sound like a benz closing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
eudaman said:
though ive only had my c for 3 days, i have none of the issues many talk about. the steering is remarkably solid and any bumps on the road are barely felt on the steering wheel...ive heard others talk about a steering bump...not in this 06 c though. its a damn smooth machine. not a rattle a creak or anything anywhere. solid feel to it....doors sound like a benz closing.
Give it about 1yr or 10,000 miles. You will start to hear little creaks and rattles. They are caused by the stiff suspension. There only noticable when the radio is off.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would not cancel the order. Instead I would get it, and determine the best course of action once you have it in your drive way. The resale values on these 300s are still fairly decent.

·
Registered
145 Posts
gbracer said:
Give it about 1yr or 10,000 miles. You will start to hear little creaks and rattles. They are caused by the stiff suspension. There only noticable when the radio is off.
I'd have to agree with you, hit the 10,000 mile mark,
but even before that I've been hearing the rattles in the car.
Damn, is it it ever annoying.
But other than that, the car is good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts