Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Not sure if I would have ordered them myself mate, finally seen them on a late model BMW the other day, didn't look to bad but after a while just like anything else I am sure they would grow on me......only thing though seems like it's going to be pain to fit in the headlight assy, how much did they set you back?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I really like these.... only thing im concerned is if it will stop the lights from auto adjustment, like when you start or turn the lights on...... and if it does not im buying a set %100.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey mate,

I was thinking that as well...I've bought a set of the same halos for the lights including the fogs but they are still sitting here in the box they shipped in...

I think they look awesome on all the cars I've seen here on the forums, but here in Aus, we can't get anyone to install them for us...so basically we have to go the DIY route...I'm not sure that I'm game in pulling my lights out, sticking them in an oven and then prying them apart to install the halos...:pat:

I've watched the instructional vid, read the instructions about a dozen times but...

Have you installed yours yet? Maybe we can try these out together? That way if I F*ck mine up I have someone to whine to... :dead1:

Let me know,
Paulo

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Haha good point Icarus,

after watching the video, I go to my self 99.9% ill be having my lights BBQ'd so... that's what held me back from getting them ages ago..... how ever now that i know a guy who does a great job with these things I might give it a shot..... tho i got a question do these things work as you parker lights???

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You can wire them up to work with the park lights, which is the easiest way. I however wired mine on a separate switch in the cabin.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hay Paulo,

Not sure about the fitting, but I'm sure when Troy (Air22) has a look. He will know he has other job:scared: !

Richard:biggrin:

·
Registered
683 Posts
The install is a bit of pain but once you get the lights cracked open the rest is pretty straight forward. I did my own and they came out looking pretty good. It's pretty hard to mess it up when you get down to it, just takes a little patience.

·
Registered
683 Posts
They will be cool. The AAC instructions call for a temp of about 225F for 30 minutes but we have been going up to 290F for 10 minutes without problems. That glue is really tough but once you get a corner the rest is pretty straight forward. You'll need a flathead screwdriver and just get between the housing and the lens and separate them apart working your way down, try not to pry. The first one is tricky but once you kind of understand what you are dealing with the second one just pops right out. There is a good write up by a member on how he did it, PM me for details.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hay Paulo,

Not sure about the fitting, but I'm sure when Troy (Air22) has a look. He will know he has other job:scared: !

Richard:biggrin:

should be easy to fit these, I might even get some myself.

·
Registered
302 Posts
OK looks like I'm going to have to have a go at installing these...:scared:

I might have a slight problem with the MadEylids that I have on my lights right now though...I wonder how these will fare in the oven? At the moment these are stuck onto the headlight housing with some 3M gunk...

Does anyone know how hard it is to get the lights out of the front end of our 300C's? The fog lights look like they may have the better of me as well...I think I read somewhere that you need to remove the whole front end to get to them???

AcK...come to think of it...maybe I do need to get someone who knows what they are doing to install these! :smashfrea

Paulo

·
Registered
633 Posts
OK looks like I'm going to have to have a go at installing these...:scared:

I might have a slight problem with the MadEylids that I have on my lights right now though...I wonder how these will fare in the oven? At the moment these are stuck onto the headlight housing with some 3M gunk...

Does anyone know how hard it is to get the lights out of the front end of our 300C's? The fog lights look like they may have the better of me as well...I think I read somewhere that you need to remove the whole front end to get to them???

AcK...come to think of it...maybe I do need to get someone who knows what they are doing to install these! :smashfrea

Paulo
Paulo,
whole front bar cover has to come off and u will need to replace some clips as they are one use only clip on the guard liners

·
Registered
302 Posts
Paulo,
whole front bar cover has to come off and u will need to replace some clips as they are one use only clip on the guard liners
Thanks Troy.

Yeah, I swapped those clips out with new screws when I got the oem front fascia cover (car bra).

Honestly, I'm not that good with these sort of things...too impatient and never happy with my results...Anyhow, I'll have a go on Saturday and see how things turn out...I can read and follow instructions so I wil try that and take photos along the way!

Paulo

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paulo,

I'm back up on the Central Coast, late June early July.
Wait, so I can come and watch:pat:

The cost landed at Seaford Victoria $410.48Aus

1 - 20 of 51 Posts