Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my 300C coming closer and closer to been delivered im starting to look into mods I can do for the interior. I've been thinking about adding a in dash monitor and tv's in the headrest but im in two minds. One of the reasons is no local shop up here has worked on a 300C yet and im worried that something might go wrong just because its a newer car. I know from my past experience with my Mercedes that aftermarket systems don't really work well with newer cars with complex technology. Even though the shop I had my work done from did a good job, the system never really worked out well and I had to have removed. Im also worried if anything goes wrong with the electronics in the car that the dealer might use the aftermarket electronics as a excuse to void the warrenty. I know its a personal choice but im just wondering what you guys think about adding a aftermarket system and if you would do it or not.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Been there, done that.
Maybe just go with advanced DVD players on supplemental mounts; spend the dough on better audio system, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
You know the dealers are like sharks in the water, waiting for those who go aftermarket to come see them so they can tell them, "its because you have this equipment in the vehicle that something went wrong". I dont care if you just replace the radio, if the engine stops running they try to blame the radio for that, so be careful, call the warrenty company and get in writing what will and what will not void your warrenty, its best in the end.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
300Con23s said:
With my 300C coming closer and closer to been delivered im starting to look into mods I can do for the interior. I've been thinking about adding a in dash monitor and tv's in the headrest but im in two minds. One of the reasons is no local shop up here has worked on a 300C yet and im worried that something might go wrong just because its a newer car. I know from my past experience with my Mercedes that aftermarket systems don't really work well with newer cars with complex technology. Even though the shop I had my work done from did a good job, the system never really worked out well and I had to have removed. Im also worried if anything goes wrong with the electronics in the car that the dealer might use the aftermarket electronics as a excuse to void the warrenty. I know its a personal choice but im just wondering what you guys think about adding a aftermarket system and if you would do it or not.
I have just never been the type to understand the need for these kinds of parts in cars, so I would vote don't do it. For me, there are two modes of life with a car...driving (when you shouldn't be looking at TV anyway) and parked (when I can always find something better to do than sit in my car watching a screen). As for back seat passengers/kids I rarely have passengers and will never have kids so back seat monitors are pretty much useless.

Your car, your call...I just don't understand bothering with these types of installations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts