Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get one brand new for $24k, a black one, throw some 22s on it, tint the windows, and it will still look tight, i heard the 250hp is pretty fast plus it will be better on gas. I am worried the srt8 will depreciate really fast.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had thought about getting the V6 model but those 2 tailpies that stick out from behind the rear bumper is so menacing, I had to get the V8 :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
And regret the fact you didn't buy the C the entire time you own the car? Sounds fun don't it! ;)

I bought an Audi A4 instead of the Audi S4 and regretted my decision the entire time I owned the car. I was envious every time I saw an S4. I see Tourings all the time. The owners look over, and when I look back, they look away. Its got to be frustrating...

If you can afford it. Go 300c and never look back.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
mnext02 said:
I can get one brand new for $24k, a black one, throw some 22s on it, tint the windows, and it will still look tight, i heard the 250hp is pretty fast plus it will be better on gas. I am worried the srt8 will depreciate really fast.
Hang on here a minute!!!! You are choosing between a Touring and an SRT-8???? I can see between a T and a C, or even a C and SRT, but your options are wildly different. If you are worried about gas prices, you really have no business entertaining the idea of a 6.1l hemi.

If performance (and a killer engine) doesn't matter to you since you think 250hp will be enough, why do you even have this debate, a T it is.

BTW: Just about EVERYTHING depreciates really fast.

:confused:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I beg to differ Joe, they all fall like a ton of bricks especially BMW. Just look at a 3-5yr 7 series, true the 3 does much better. I remember the MB dealer telling me on the one hand how well the 300E holds it's value and in the very next breath telling me what a great deal I was getting saving more than 45% over new. Lexus does a bit better but it is amazing how reasonable used LS 400s are. Back on topic, this is insane, a T vs an SRT8??, that's more than a $20K gap, very odd, why not go another $20K and look at the S class and LS400 and STSV. Btw, the C will depreciate like most American and European cars, perhaps a little better for the C because of the Hemi. Funny a 10 yr old 7series is the same as a 3 series despite having a sticker double that of the 3. Historically more expensive cars depreciate faster, remember the ZR1, how about an early 90s Silver Spur/Spirit for under $30K. This is why I am waiting 5-6 yrs to get an 05/6 Carrera4 or ZO6. Not so for the C cause it cost me $35K not $75K and I plan to keep it for 6yrs. You can always do a 3yr lease and not worry about depreciation, also, there is no place for discussion about MPG with an SRT8, it already has a $1700 gas guzzler tax.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
1) All cars depreciate.
2) Cars that appreciate, do over a period of time or are 'true' customs
3) If you're worried about gas.... neither the 8 or C maybe up your alley.
4) If $$$ is a worry then the L is for you
5) IMO I'd rather have another 6-cyliner car, the 300 speaks HEMI
6) Both the 8 and C will be classics in due time.

As has been stated you will regret not getting the srt8 or C.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Get the Touring!!

......then you can be yet another car to see my rear bumper (only for a brief moment).
I can see being torn between the C & the SRT-8 but the Touring? Perhaps you can head over to Avis and test drive a Touring for $35/day with unlimited mileage.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I believe that's based mostly on a reputation for reliability. Now Chrysler can achieve the same status within 5 years if they made a commitment to building reliable American products. But economics would dictate that a used car selling for the same as the lot vehicle would mean the lot doesn't get the business. Catch 22...

·
Registered
471 Posts
mnext02 said:
Ummm..you're joking right? 250hp in a 4000lb car = fast? Hardly! Cars are not investments. You shouldn't buy a car and think you're going to make money on it. You should buy the car that makes you smile and you enjoy driving day to day.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
You're worried about depreciation, buy a Honda. But be prepared to be bored.

Unless you're really strapped for cash, the extra $100/month for an SRT-8 will be worth it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
jjs said:
If performance (and a killer engine) doesn't matter to you since you think 250hp will be enough, why do you even have this debate, a T it is.
That is the critical point. They're all big, good looking, good handling, luxurious cars (except the Base model.) Engine performance is the main difference. The 250 v6 is perfectly adequate and has very good pickup in the 50 to 70mph range for passing. If jumping off the line extremely quickly is important to you, get the C. Otherwise save your money.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
mnext02 said:
If Bling's your thing -
Go with the base -
The C is money you'll definitely waste

Spend the extra 12K
Pimpin' your ride - your way
OK?

·
Registered
315 Posts
joe300c said:
Exactly.. Bling package can surely be had for around $12k with money to spare..

Bouncing Car mod: $5000
24" painted chrome wheels w/ roman chariot spinners: $3500
Fuzzy purple dash felt: $250
Black limo tint all around including windshield: $350
White fuzzy dice for rearview mirror, XL size: $23
LCD TV's on headrests and PS2 hookup: $1900
Pair of Dom P. knockoff mini-bottles for cupholder: $18
4 x 24" curb feelers: total $45
Oakland raiders 3-foot sticker across the span of the rear-window: $19
"GETOFAB" custom license plate from DMV: $45
Hood rat crack whore in the passenger seat: Priceless

HOOD RAT CRACK WHORE? hmmm....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
joe300c said:
Exactly.. Bling package can surely be had for around $12k with money to spare..

Bouncing Car mod: $5000
24" painted chrome wheels w/ roman chariot spinners: $3500
Fuzzy purple dash felt: $250
Black limo tint all around including windshield: $350
White fuzzy dice for rearview mirror, XL size: $23
LCD TV's on headrests and PS2 hookup: $1900
Pair of Dom P. knockoff mini-bottles for cupholder: $18
4 x 24" curb feelers: total $45
Oakland raiders 3-foot sticker across the span of the rear-window: $19
"GETOFAB" custom license plate from DMV: $45
Hood rat crack whore in the passenger seat: Priceless

Man, I even had too laugh at that one!