Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order for a midnight blue 300c about 6 weeks ago and at that time I was told the wait would be around 6-8 weeks. I was reading about all of the back order issues so i called my dealer and checked on the status and was told it wouldn't be in until at least late august. Then he told me that he couldn't even make a guarantee on it.

Then he told me about another option which I'm considering. There was a midnight blue 300c on the lot with all the options the car comes with except for xenons. I really wanted them but I think I can live without. I'm just up in the air on if I should close the deal tomorrow or not. It has options like sirus which I didn't consider and the bluetooth but I figure it would help the resale value on the car when I decide to sell it.

DECISIONS DECISIONS :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would go for it. You can always go with the sylvania silver star lights that look very nice. Like in another post, it was pointed out that the HID's used in the 300C are the old style that are very hard to find. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Also, the HIDs can be upgraded at the dealership, so if theyre that important to you, purchase and install them at the dealership.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Definetly Yes

You can get better aftermarket HID lights from XenonDepot.com then Chrysler uses in the 300C. Easy plug-and-play install.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The dealership that I bought my 300c from had a banner that said

"The car you looked at today, is the same car that somebody else looked at yesterday"

Or something like that....but you get the point!

·
Registered
84 Posts
NYCARAUDIO, is the salesman pressuring you into buying the 300c, or does he/she know that that is what you really want and has your best intrest at heart? Can anyone verify that the order will take that long? Anyone else think that this story sounds a little fishy?

Now, if you really want the car and are ready to buy, what the hell are you waiting for? You don’t have to live without the HID’s!

If you get a name brand HID kit, they are so easy to retrofit. I have done this on 2 of my cars, the HID kits are truly plug in play, they took about 5 mins to install, tops. Not only that but you can get anywhere from 4100K-8000K HID kits, (I don't know what Chrysler is using)DECISIONS DECISIONS. Email if you want more info.

What are you waiting for.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. I pulled the trigger on the car today and I'm going to be picking up my new blue beauty on Thursday. I'm probably going to get the lights aftermarket if I really can't live without them.

I finally have a use for my new 8 megapixel camera I bought a few months ago.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Water is Nice

NYCARAUDIO said:
Thanks for all the input. I pulled the trigger on the car today and I'm going to be picking up my new blue beauty on Thursday. /QUOTE]

Com'on in, the water is quite nice. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I'm set to pick the car up I'm having a hard time focusing on my work. The sound of the hemi has my mind everywehre else but here. The clock in my office seems like it slowed down. TICK TOCK

·
Registered
440 Posts
I first sat in a 300C two weeks ago today at noon. The dealer told me it would be 8-12 weeks to get one. I went home and got on the internet and found one with every option except the block heater and smoking group. The car was 50 miles north of me so I got a ride up to see it. I had the car home in my driveway by 5 PM.

I feel sorry for the poor SOB who's financing feel through, it worked out well for me though :)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
LakersFan said:
Also, the HIDs can be upgraded at the dealership, so if theyre that important to you, purchase and install them at the dealership.
HID can not be 'legally' installed at the dealer. That is against DOT and State regulation. Most dealer will not do it.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
300C4ME said:
You can get better aftermarket HID lights from XenonDepot.com then Chrysler uses in the 300C. Easy plug-and-play install.
The 300C uses a 9006XS Chrysler specific bulb in low beam. This is not the same as the more universal 9006 bulb. I have seen no 9006XS retrofit kits. So upgrading will not be an easy "plug and play". Also adding these kits to a halogen setup gets mixed results. You may get the Xenon look but your beam may be terrible.

Hopefully the 300 is not setup up like Mercedes. When owners retrofit or use the OEM units they get a warning light that bulb is out and the dealer has to recode the computer to look for the xenon HID instead of haloagen.

It may be better, but more costly to buy the 300C OEM units from dealer parts and install yourself but most HID require auto leveling. Anyone know if the 300C has HID auto leveling?

·
Registered
208 Posts
E55 KEV said:
HID can not be 'legally' installed at the dealer. That is against DOT and State regulation. Most dealer will not do it.

Im talking about the factory HIDs that are an option on the 300C. My dealer told me that was an option that can be upgraded on the 300Cs w/o them. I was looking at a magnessium 300c w/o hids and a silver w/ hids. I really wanted them and they said they would put hids in the magnessium and have it ready for me in 2 days...I ended up just getting the silver one and im glad i did :)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
LakersFan said:
Im talking about the factory HIDs that are an option on the 300C. My dealer told me that was an option that can be upgraded on the 300Cs w/o them. I was looking at a magnessium 300c w/o hids and a silver w/ hids. I really wanted them and they said they would put hids in the magnessium and have it ready for me in 2 days...I ended up just getting the silver one and im glad i did :)
I know that it sounds weird but it is generally against DOT regulations to retrofit any headlamp system even using OEM parts. Although your dealer told you and the may even install them I am just stating the DOT law regarding Headlamp retrofit and this law prevents many dealers from doing it. Very few dealers will do this type of upgrade even if they are using the same factory OEM parts. It is 'not' legal for a dealer and anyone to retrofit headlamps unless they have DOT approval. There are a few retrofit kits on the market with DOT approval but not for all cars. There is a DOT approved kit by Sylvania for the 1997-2002 F150 and Expedition and some Chevy trucks. In 2003 DOT levies $5k fines to any selling HID retrofit kits and many HID kit sellers have gone out of business.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do you know what sylvania silver star lights the 300C with use? Whats a good website? Anyone with experience with these type of lights?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Doc G said:
Do you know what sylvania silver star lights the 300C with use? Whats a good website? Anyone with experience with these type of lights?
Sylvania lists the 9006XS on their website. The 9006XS is a Chrysler specific bulb. Not to be confused with the more universal 9006 bulb. The Silver Star 9006XS may be the only "legal" Halogen upgrade for the 300. :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts