Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a base model 2005 3.5l v6 300, its got 55000km on it, my dealer has a 2005 300c full opt. even navigation, but its got 94000km, the monthly payment will be the same as what im paying now but it will add one year on top of what i have left right now, insurance is also going to be the same. i really wanna do it but im weary of the high milage, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Im in the same boat right now, im debating swapping for a C or an SRT. My insurance will go up about $50 a month though, and the car will be more expensive.
you pretty much have to weigh out the pro's and cons. If it makes sence for you then do it.
I probably wont.
Id rather keep a lower km car and just get a whole different car sooner

·
Registered
408 Posts
My two cents would be leery about early 2005 C's as some of them had issues and are were not like later model C's. I had both the 300 v6 and traded up for a 07C with the Hemi. The Hemi gets about 3 mpg less than the V6 the way I drive and with the rising price of gas this may be a issue for people. I think the world of the V6 but the Hemi is a superb engine in my book. I don't want my V6 back even with the increase in gas consumption as the Hemi is a joy to drive normal and when you need power, its there. You may be able to trade for a new one at model change year without losing too much. Lifetime warranty must be worth something.

·
Registered
465 Posts
get yourself a C and enjoy our premium membership!

with a 300c membership you get the following:

340hp HEMI v8 engine (that sounds like a v8 when you rev)
complimentary good looks
free burnt RICE on the roads (if you get my pun)
better sounding catback exhausts
more mods for your v8

you also get free thumbs up from on-lookers and fellow 300c drivers. you also get jealousy stares from the wanna-be's. chrome 22's for your ride? no problem! the v8 will turn those wheels like a record player without a problem! have a problem with a poser? no problem! the HEMI will make short work of any wannabe civic or accord. all of this at no extra cost to you. no contracts or anything special to sign. just buy a 300c and enjoy the premium membership benefits.

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
heh, premium membership sounds good, i really wanna do the trade, even though im not a big fan of silver, mine is BB, but im just worried about the milage, anybody here have a 05 hemi with high milage? hows it been so far? how long do these cars last?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have the 2006 3.5 and would love to do that same thing. Mine is even BB as well. Now I dont have any experience with the Hemi but I think for you to help decide see what it would cost to get a similar car with lower mileage. You dont say how far you are into your payments but you are adding a year to the time. And the hemi will be out of warranty completely in 5000 kms. So how long will you be making car payments with out a warranty? Are they offering any other warranty? I bought my 300 used and it didnt work out well for me so I dont think I would want to have another one with out some warranty to start.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Just FYI... a "base model" has a 2.6L motor. You have a "Touring" or "limited" model if it has a 3.5L powerplant.

Find out the MDH build date (month, day, hour) and get it in writing that all TSBs, pull-right alignment and engine cradle issues, etc., have been applied to the car. We had an '05 C which we bought used at 14.5k miles and we drove it over 15k miles more with no significant issues. Traded it at good value for the MSRT8.

See if the dealer will throw in some kind of extended warranty, particularly on the power train to get you to 100k miles (whatever that is in km... I think 160,000?) and you should have no worries.

Is this the dealer from which you bought your 3.5L model? Do you have a good relationship and trust this dealer? If not ask if you can take the car for the weekend, and have a dealer (or auto shop) you do trust give it a good looking over.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just FYI... a "base model" has a 2.6L motor. You have a "Touring" or "limited" model if it has a 3.5L powerplant..

In Canada the touring is the "base model" per say. I have never seen a 2.6 in a 300 up here. Not saying the don't exist but I also didnt see mention of the 2.6 on Chrysler.ca

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
heh, premium membership sounds good, i really wanna do the trade, even though im not a big fan of silver, mine is BB, but im just worried about the milage, anybody here have a 05 hemi with high milage? hows it been so far? how long do these cars last?
The drivetrain of the 300C is pretty well bulletproof; long term I'm more worried about all the electronics and gadgets than I am the engine or transmission. The hemi should easily do 150,000 to 200,000 miles (not sure what that is in Km).

But you never mentioned the price of the car, only that your payment will stay the same. Perhaps you could find a lower mileage "C" for close to the same amount? Have you shopped around or did this one just fall into your lap? In other words if you are not sure, don't jump on this particular car thinking you won't get another opportunity. You will, and you may find a better deal. And don't fall into the trap of "shopping payment" without regard to the vehicle's price.

If it were me, I would not add another year of payments (and another year of debt). I would keep what I had and pay it off, then with no car payment you can save up so you can buy a 300C outright rather than getting in debt for it. The finest car in the world is the "Paid For Car".

·
Registered
666 Posts
with out the hemi its not the same car its like a mustang
with the v6, Laim, get the hemi, you wont regret it
the gas milage is not that bad

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I have a really early build 2005 which I bought used 2 years ago. When I bought it, all the TSB's had been done. I have had zero problems with the car so far.

·
Registered
975 Posts
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO IT

I had a V6 300 because "I wanted" the 300 look that slowly wore off because then I wanted the 300 C Power. So I traded in my V6 for a Hemi and NEVER LOOKED BACK. But I did trade mine for a lower mileage car- so if you are serious about it I would look for a lower mileage car. The price of gas is very easily overlooked when you mash the "GO" pedal.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
What constitutes an "early build" 2005 ?? When did they start making them? What problems did they have?
They actually started making 2005 models in April 2004 and the last 2005's were built in March 2005 and 2006 models started in late March or April 2005. The first 2 years did not go by the traditional model-year schedule, that's for sure.

The early cars were not bad cars and the issues were not major; just some bugs that got worked out and fixes discovered which can be applied to the early cars. Most common were a "pull" to the right and I remember reading some posts about a "vibration" at certain speeds that turned out to be a resonance in the exhaust system, which was revised on later cars. Another issue was the possibilty of water entering the transmission via the seal around the filler tube. And ALL LX's with the 5 speed auto (regardless of which year) will eventually leak tranny fluid from the o-rings that seal the electrical connector on the right side of the transmission. It's a quick easy fix though so don't be too concerned. Check the list of TSB's for more details.

My car is a "late" 2005, built in February '05, and I have had few problems with it - - no regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh... I just got mine used (17K miles), and it is also a Feb 2005 build date. So, did they have the "right pull" and some other bugs taken care of by Feb 2005, or do I probably have the "right pull" problem? What's the fix for the pull... just an alignment change?

Having said all that, I love this car like no other I have had. I am big (6'1" and 270 lbs) and this is the first car I have had where I have the leg room I need, and the telescoping wheel moved back to the point I am totally comfortable (every other car I have ever driven the seat was in the full rear position, and still not quite enough... 300C still has 3 inches to go). Add in sunroof (never had), Nav system (never had), Sirius (never had), steering wheel radio controls (never had), heated seats (never had) and 340HP/390TQ (highest I ever had was 200/210) and I am in HOG HEAVEN. And it only cost me my POS 2002 mini-van and $16,500 to move up.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
They actually started making 2005 models in April 2004 ......
My car shows a build date of January 14, 2004. Are you thinking of the magnums?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts