Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My car went in to the stealer today, as the drivers door card had developed a squeak, which was only made worse by my lazy right elbow.

I was surprised when I picked it up that they hadn't chucked a bucket of water over it.

Was this too much to expect ? Afterall, I didn't build the car, and I whilst they leant me a car (Sebring - yuck yuck yuck), it wasn't my fault the car was there in the first place.

On the subject of the Sebring, I hated just about everything about it, it really does feel cheap in comparison, and also no one looks at you either !!

It did have a really good featurethough, the cup holder could be cooled or warmed, shame the didn't put this feature on the 300c

Oh well, apart from the clean, my experience with them was faultless so should complain I suppose.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well Dave it sounds to me like you may have had a lucky escape. My local stealer GH subcontract out their cleaning and whilst I was sitting around all morning waiting for my Startech wheels to be replaced - I won't go into it again. I was watching the listless fecker who had been given the task of keeping their outside stock clean. He ambled about with a bucket of dirty water and a leather and proceeded to grind whatever dirt there was on the cars into the paintwork, then he'd apply a bit more dirty from his bucket.:pat:

They washed mine once and it came back covered in swirls:scared:.......... since then I have told them not to wash my car, I do it!!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Advice Big Ian, I guess I wanted a more luxury experience that would have matched the car

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I need to book mine in today as it has developed a transmission fluid leak big enough to leave a puddle on the drive, the front discs are warped and judder when braking from speed and also the pitting on the grille.

There will be a polite note left in it asking them NOT to wash it, I know it is currently covered in dust that came down with the rain at the end of last week if I don't get round to washing it first of course.

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I need to book mine in today as it has developed a transmission fluid leak big enough to leave a puddle on the drive, the front discs are warped and judder when braking from speed and also the pitting on the grille.

There will be a polite note left in it asking them NOT to wash it, I know it is currently covered in dust that came down with the rain at the end of last week if I don't get round to washing it first of course.

Stef
Stef,the brake judder at high speed??do you feel the judder through the steering wheel or the brake pedal?
The tranny leak is the 50p oil seal,no probs there mate,common as muck that oil leak.
They washed mine once and left some sort of sticky crap on my wheels,took me ages to clean it off.Never again

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Ray,

I had a feeling the oil leak would be that. The judder is felt through the steering wheel but only ever from braking fairly hard from around 70'ish.

Stef

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had a lovely note this morning saying how much I was missed on the Forums - so thought I should show I am still alive !
My 300C Touring has now done 6600 miles but nothing has gone wrong so it has not been in to the dealers, so I don't know if they would wash it.
I wish someone would though! We have a number of cars, and XK8, E type Jag., my wife's MX5 and 2 MGs, so the 300 is usually way down the list when it comes to washing. It is, therefore, usually pretty filthy but doesn't object - always there as a working car. Round building sites and towing a racing car. Needs very little maintenance, goes well, immensly comfortable. Asks little - gives a lot; so consequently gets used more than the others ! I wouldn't have another black one though. Easily looks dirty and takes a lot of work to get looking really clean.
Cheers . Dennis

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Aahhh Dennis, but when it is clean......................... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Ray,

I had a feeling the oil leak would be that. The judder is felt through the steering wheel but only ever from braking fairly hard from around 70'ish.

Stef
thats not brake judder Stef,thats track rd end or steering rack probs,Im having my 2nd replacement next week.Jack your car up and shake the wheels side to side,pound to a penny says its your nearside wheel that has the play

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
OK, thanks for that Ray. I'll check it out and mention it when I book it in.

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
If it was your brakes you would feel it on the pedal Stef,when the steering wheel wobbles a bit(like mines doing at the mo)its steering/suspension probs

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well Dave it sounds to me like you may have had a lucky escape. My local stealer GH subcontract out their cleaning and whilst I was sitting around all morning waiting for my Startech wheels to be replaced - I won't go into it again. I was watching the listless fecker who had been given the task of keeping their outside stock clean. He ambled about with a bucket of dirty water and a leather and proceeded to grind whatever dirt there was on the cars into the paintwork, then he'd apply a bit more dirty from his bucket.:pat:

They washed mine once and it came back covered in swirls:scared:.......... since then I have told them not to wash my car, I do it!!
When my car was serviced with GH a month ago they did a free 'Spruce and clean' valet on it. Considering they normally charge about £12 for this I told them it was a disgrace. No swirls because I don't think their cloths got too near the bodywork. I'll tell them not to bother next time. In all my years of driving only Audi Wayside were any good a valeting; trouble is everything else they did was dreadful.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Could be worse, you could have it washed at your local supermarket by one of our 'legal immigrant' car wash guys! The water in their buckets and the cloths they use look like they've travelled a few thousand miles too!

:twak: :twak:

Stef

·
Registered
461 Posts
covered in dust that came down with the rain at the end of last week
Yeah I know that was the evening after I had just polished it twice and waxed it once - I was well happy!!!
bloody "Sahara Rain" - my baby looked like it was covered in leopard print

·
Registered
246 Posts
my local chrysler dealer got its own car wash :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Stef have you jacked your car up yet and checked for play??

sorry for the slight hi-jack

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Not had a chance yet Ray, part of the problem is that my drive is on a slope so it's not always safe to jack it up. I'll try and have a look this weekend, I've got the dealer collecting the car on Monday.

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Its just I'm dying to say told you so.lmao

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I'll check it out, do I need to lift the whole front end or just one side at a time?

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
one side at a time,try the nearside 1st,bet its that one

1 - 20 of 21 Posts