Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone experienced a momentary shudder in the drivetrain from a stop to hard acceleration? It is like a vibration that lasts for about a second. I can't tell if it is in the tranny or the rear end. I took it in, but of course it wouldn't do it with the tech in the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had this a couple of times, not only from a stop but also from a slow speed to hard acceleration, felt like a delay in fuel delivery of sorts.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Abshear7 said:
I've had this a couple of times, not only from a stop but also from a slow speed to hard acceleration, felt like a delay in fuel delivery of sorts.
a delay in fuel delivery, hmm, makes me wonder. I purposely activated my esp in a 15 mph curve and boy is there ever a delay in fuel delivery, it literally lost power briefly to slow me down. One of the reasons the C has mediocre skidpad figuses is it won't let you approach anywhere near hanging the tail out. I wonder, is the esp kicking in in your case?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It feels mechanical, but under that kind of load if the fuel being cut it might produce that shudder. I have felt it too at slow speeds. I'll run it by my dealer. Thanks for the insight

When is that chip gonna be available to get rid of ESP!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Shudder? Hmmm When I kick it with ESP, traction control, on it seems to smoothly take off with little wheel spin, just a "chirp". Don't feel anything mechanical or even fuel cut-off.

Anything with the 22's?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless somebody knows something I don't, I don't think the wheels would do it. It dosen't do it all the time. I can't always make it happen, just shows up every so often.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have experienced this when going from slow speeds to hard acceleration, first time I thought it might be the pavement. Now I know it is not, I believe there was a TSB issued for transmission shudder. As much as I like this car I am getting kind of fed up, slight right pull, slight shudder, what's next?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This was posted by someone else. It mentions the shudder:

I found the page that leads to a NHTSA search of TSB's by vehicle year and make:

http://www.autopedia.com/html/NHTSAtsb.html

Only service bulletins through April 27 appear to be listed for the 300C. Thus, no TSB listing for the "right lead" problem yet. Also, to get detailed info it looks like you'll have to make a purchase.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by th59718 : 07-08-2004 at 01:57 PM.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Here are the two Service Bulletins related to the transmission.

--------------------------------------
Make : CHRYSLER Model : 300 Year : 2005
Service Bulletin Num : 2100604 Date of Bulletin: APR 27, 2004
NHTSA Item Number: 10006886
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Summary:
SHUDDER DURING SHIFTS. ALSO DODGE MAGNUM 2005. *TT
Check to Request Research. Submit below.
-------------------------------------
Make : CHRYSLER Model : 300 Year : 2005
Service Bulletin Num : 04009 Date of Bulletin: APR 16, 2004
NHTSA Item Number: 10006905
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
Summary:
APPROXIMATELY 260 VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 5.7L ENGINE WERE SHIPPED WITH INCORRECT ENGINE SOFTWARE IN THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) THAT RESULTS IN NON-COMPLIANCE. IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO REPLACE THE PCM. *TT
Check to Request Research. Submit below

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is no fuel cutoff in the "fly by wire" throttle system of the 300C to my knowledge. There is also no direct relationship between you putting your foot on the floor and the throttle opening wide open. The computer decides how much throttle to apply, and whether to engage the brakes for you.

The ESP is never fully disengaged either. "Turning off" the ESP only sets it to higher tolerances before stepping in.

I believe the shudder we feel is the result of the MDS kicking off when throttle is applied. This combined with some minor "slack" in the driveline causes the shudder. Just my opinion.

I've noticed if you allow the vehicle to roll forward slightly under idle before applying power, the incidence of the shudder will go away. I feel it most often when shifting out of reverse, or after removing the parking brake on a downhill and pulling forward.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shutter problem has been fixed. They couldn't figure it out so the dealer "flashed" my computer and it feels like a new car. The shutter is gone. It used to spin the tires ok but I had to hold the brakes for a second to get a good burn, but now it not only burns off the line but agian going into second. The shifts feel much stronger too. My build date was 4/04, so I'm not sure if there is an updated program or what, but it sure made a difference.

·
Registered
40 Posts
shutter on hard acceleration

vengra said:
Has anyone experienced a momentary shudder in the drivetrain from a stop to hard acceleration? It is like a vibration that lasts for about a second. I can't tell if it is in the tranny or the rear end. I took it in, but of course it wouldn't do it with the tech in the car.
Yep, I have the same exact thing with my with my 2006 300c hemi, just noticed it yesterday will have to get to dealer. Its a slip or a shudder sound just for about 1 or 2 seconds in the driveline.

·
Registered
418 Posts
VERY late here - I was searching for a suspension issue when in reverse, wheel turned to the right...

Anyway, driveline lash is normal unless parts are worn and even more noticable in the Vipers. FYI if it's mechanical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deuuce,

Do you have any ideas why it does that in reverse? My 300c SRT does the same thing in reverse while turning.

The sound is loud and the whole car shakes when it happens. It's in the dealership now and they're not giving me any good reasons.

-Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts