Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I live in Europe(Norway) and here in europe we use side indicators,now these are not the parking or running lights on the bumper,these are mid upper in front of the two front doors(anyone familiar with europe will know what I'm saying) anyway how do I remove the lens to replace the bulb, the dealers here do not help if you did not buy the car from them,just to point out how dumb they can be they told me to use a screw driver to remove the parking lens on the bumper(even I did know better) I wrote to the forum and got my answer. OK so how do I remove them and what size is the bulb (2825)?
Y

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I've just this minute been to my "C" and took the wing repeater light out,its easy,just pry the FRONT of the lens with your fingers and gently pull outwards,its snaps out.To install put the FRONT edge in first then just snap the back in.Easy

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
it is if you know how,its still a car at the end of the day and it is designed to be taken apart and rebuilt.Just look at what Badger has done to his "C"

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

Thanks to all who have answered my various questions:fing02: throughout the forum,and quickly I might add.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've triedto pull the lens as suggested but if fellslike the whole unit is going to pull out if the fender,is it really as easy as to pry the lens off,someone give me a hint please:lick:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes it really is that easy. Just been out and in less than one second using fingers only prised the rear first (I was on the nearside UK - right hand side looking at the front of the car) and it popped out. Good luck

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi
The cofusion was it was not the lens that comes off but the whole unit and u twist off the connection to remove the bulb,and all this time I thiught the lens came off,but I prevailed in the end and replaced the amber lens with led surrond lights beter view for the women putting on makeup in the mornings:smashfrea

·
Registered
668 Posts
You all might be right, I know here in Japan we have those lights also and mine (a US model bought through the military car sales people on base) has different lights then the ones that are sold at the Japanese dealers shop, so it would depend I think on what brand of lights you have. I'm likely in that I know what group put my side lights on so I can ask them directly how to change them out. I found a few days ago that if I get the side mirrors with the LED turn lights on them, then I don't have to have the side lights installed on them to meet the Japanese requirement. :( but what is done is done and I might try and do the side mirror LED lights and have the side lights taken off and repainted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts