Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was trying to find some pics to describe what I am planning to do, but no luck so here is my idea in writting...
I am planning to graft some side markers from another car onto my fenders... yeah, I know, it involves cutting and some wiring... but I am up to it and I have done crazier shyt than this, I mean if I can shape acrylic nails on the knobs some gurls call fingers than this shouldn't be that much harder right, LOL....

I'm taking a side marker that actually flows with our body lines and mounting it just behind the front wheels on the fenders where the wheel well shapes the body lines of the car. Since I'm installing this my self I am going to modify a pig tail to accept a 3 wire bulb instead of the two wire one the side markers usually come with, once it's all done...

I'm not being to specific less someone steal my idea and cause me to push them down the stairs... but I am using a clear euro chrome side marker with phantom bulbs (remember my car is the brilliant silver metallic) so it should all blend in and I'll have side markers and side turn signals on my fenders...

Then... it'll be off to the paint shop to make her sparkle once again... Oh, I'm also removing my windshield washer sprayer thingys and relocating them too... I should have this all done by the time summer rolls around.... but I'll post pics and a how to as I go along...

Just wanted to get opinions if anyone else is even toying with this idea or what... I'm kinda out there like that so... let me know...
I'll try to get some pics of what I'm planning and photo shop something so you guys get a better idea... till then... vroom-vroom baby....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
K, so I got the pic photoshopped , indicated by the BIG YELLOW ARROW, LOL. not a great photoshop job but you get what I'm talking about probably better than my babbling above... so let me know what you think about this...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that as I was looking at some of our member pics (that just sounds nasty, LOL) but I'm going with the clear side markers from a Mercedes AMG... really nice especially with the phantom bulbs

·
Registered
212 Posts
I passed up a BMW today and I really liked the way side markers looked.

Unlike you, I just have the "Balls" to do it myself.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I passed up a BMW today and I really liked the way side markers looked.

Unlike you, I just have the "Balls" to do it myself.
Who he hell are you talking to, if you would have read my post, I am doing it myself ... so as for having the Balls to do it yourself you can go and suck on those balls you just mentioned....

I'm an independant girl who gets and does what she wants on her own...
just because I asked for an opinion did not imply that I wanted sum F'ker to do it for me... so stick your crappy comment up your tail pipe.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My Bad

Who he hell are you talking to, if you would have read my post, I am doing it myself ... so as for having the Balls to do it yourself you can go and suck on those balls you just mentioned....

I'm an independant girl who gets and does what she wants on her own...
just because I asked for an opinion did not imply that I wanted sum F'ker to do it for me... so stick your crappy comment up your tail pipe.

I read your post, and I’m like WTF if she talking about it, I just gave her a compliment. I must have reread your post like 3 times, and then I read mine. All I can say is oops.

What I meant to type was,

Unlike you, I just don’t have the "Balls" to do it myself.

I missed a word there. :pat: My bad. BTW, my tail pipe is "exit only"

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG, Soooo sorry for that... but your comment did read kinda mean... Let's blame mine on mood swings, K? Um can we let by gones be by gones?

I'm Latina so I'm a little hot headed... glad to hear your tail pipe is exit only and I commend your balls for being big enough to let me know you missed a word in your last post and I'll retract all the evil stuff I said to...

BTW, welcome to the forum where anything can happen,LOL. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Whaddya think about moving it down a smidge so that the bottom of the marker is even with the line of the fender/fascia seam? Could easily be wrong. Just seems like it would 'fit' better there.

Are the phantom bulbs chrome off / amber on, similar to Stealth Auto's bulbs? I think that'd be tight. I might even like the indicator repeaters like Bolly mentioned - on usually, then flashing off sync'd with the turns. Hey! Sometimes nasty's fun! :naughty:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whaddya think about moving it down a smidge so that the bottom of the marker is even with the line of the fender/fascia seam? Could easily be wrong. Just seems like it would 'fit' better there.

Are the phantom bulbs chrome off / amber on, similar to Stealth Auto's bulbs? I think that'd be tight. I might even like the indicator repeaters like Bolly mentioned - on usually, then flashing off sync'd with the turns. Hey! Sometimes nasty's fun! :naughty:
Good idea... gald you brought it up beforer I did any cutting... I am looking at the chrome off/amber on type. If it comes in a double filament bulb makes me wiring so much easier.. if not I'll have to use the wiring diagram that is floating around here... though the marker itself is long enough to add another bulb in it and go for a seperate "blinker" bulb in it...

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Post #20 in the thread Tim linked looks very useful. Cynthia, I like your choice of markers much better than the BMW ones he used. Maybe yours weren't available when he did his... or maybe they're just more to his taste.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i think that is really cool that a girl have the same passion that we do for cars!! im really glad that u do the modifications by ur self !!! congratulations!! keep it that way!!

were closee im in bville ill love to se piks of ur ride pretty soon!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think that is really cool that a girl have the same passion that we do for cars!! im really glad that u do the modifications by ur self !!! congratulations!! keep it that way!!

were closee im in bville ill love to se piks of ur ride pretty soon!!
Thanks so much... I was raised with a bunch of gear heads so it kinda all sunk in.... it started with me being a huge audiofile and wanting the earth rumbling stereo system, and shortly after the HP bug bit and just being able to smoke some of the boys on the street or track was so Hot to me, LOL. but I like the DIY projects, gives you stuff to do and think about (or plan so you don't f it up) besides having it all done is to spoiled for me, I love the feeling of seeing my efforts come together and look (doing it) right...
later, maybe we can all do a cruise TX and meet some where in ATX or SA, you know kinda centralized...
ttyl,.Cynthia

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got a chance to jump on and read your thread. I have to agree I think all you do is just so cool. I'm all for breaking the sterotypes and doing whatever you want to do as long as you don't hurt yourself or anyone else.

However, my motto for myself is those who can't, won't or don't end up paying.:biggrin: So I pay!!!!

I will continue to keep up with your progress and live vicariously through your postings.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got a chance to jump on and read your thread. I have to agree I think all you do is just so cool. I'm all for breaking the sterotypes and doing whatever you want to do as long as you don't hurt yourself or anyone else.

However, my motto for myself is those who can't, won't or don't end up paying.:biggrin: So I pay!!!!

I will continue to keep up with your progress and live vicariously through your postings.
thanks, Deb! I don't like the stereo types either, I always thought I could be the girly-gurl and still be able to do it my self, if I can't figure it out, I'll ask, but I still watch and learn so I can next time... with out hurting myself... gawd forbid I break a nail, LOL...
p.s. I luv chrome too....:biggrin:

·
Registered
152 Posts
my dad has a denali and had the BMW 745 side markers there side markers look great

1 - 17 of 17 Posts