Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening! I am a new member and have a 2005 300C. I was having a person work on replacing the driver side mirror on the car because it apparently became overheated and burned yellow. In the process of replacing it, the person broke one of the tabs in the mirror housing.

Now we are trying to find a replacement to no success. Does anyone know what to use to search for to find a chrome, heated, auto dim, power, manual fold mirror? The ones found online show a white connector but the pins are too few to connect with my car.

I tried searching for a part number on the mirror housing and can only find 1407039LH but cannot find anything for it online.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jon

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Welcome to 3CF Jon.

Do you have any pics? Wondering what tabs actually broke. If you're talking about just the mirror glass/bezel part that clips to the motor, then you can buy that separately - don't need to buy the entire housing.

And here's the bad news - the auto dim mirrors cost a fortune. That yellowing color happens - I've seen it many times. It's actually not necessarily from overheating from the heating element, but rather it's related to the auto-dim feature. I presume your passenger side mirror is fine, huh? Because the passenger mirror isn't auto dim. Awhile back I swapped out my auto-dim mirror because I added sequential turn signals to the mirrors and you can't do that with the auto-dim. So one lucky guy got my auto-dim. But short of finding someone that has removed the auto-dim, you are looking at a hefty price just for that mirror glass. I'll see if I can find a part number for you, but let me know if you need the whole assembly or just the glass assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Thanks for the reply! I will try to get picks but the problem was the guy was installing just the mirror and broke one of the clips. At this point I am not worried about having the auto dim feature. If I can find a chrome mirror with the heat, manual fold, and power I would be happy with that.

I will post a pic later of the housing...

Thanks again,

Jon

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
If you don't care about auto dim then you can save yourself a couple hundred bucks. Regular heated mirrors are pretty cheap.

I preferred the sequential turn signals over the auto dim feature anyways, because I'd often turn the auto dim off when it kicked in - didn't need it with tinted windows. It just made it tougher to see.

Still confused at what broke though. The housing itself doesn't have clips - it bolts onto the door. So again, if you are just talking about the mirror glass bezel (which does have clips on the back that snap around the motor part) then you can buy just that for about $40. Still would use the two wires for the heating element but just tuck away or zip tie the plug for the auto dim part.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bought my 05 with the driver side mirror already hazed like that, I don't care for the autodiming so popped off the glass and popped on a heated non-dimming one for like $20.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Sorry I cant be of much help, looks like Fisch has you all taken care of though!

Welcome from a small town in Ohio!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts