Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back (a month or more) there was mention of 300C replacement side mirrors with the built in turn indicator lights. Has anyone heard anymore as to whether these will materialize from Mopar aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
365 Posts
No, but DC may well put some out to enhance some of these upgraded LX "C" variations to be released in the future. They will have to do something to justify the ugraded prices. If so, they probably will be available through Mopar.

The 300M Special, at one time, came with these mirrors. If you visit a Mopar site, they should be able to come up with the part number and you might be able to modify that unit to fit the "C". But remember, the mirror design and shape on the "C" is considerably different than the 300M Specials. Those directional mirrors resembled the current smaller Benz models which feature such mirrors -- a clear plastic "window" on the forward edge and side of the mirror housing which lights up when signalling on that side. The wiring should be very similar. But again, that 300M Special mirror housing is not the same as on the "C" models.

Muth, an aftermarket accessory firm, at

http://www.accesscnc.com/kits.htm

made a set for all LH DC cars. They consisted of two replacement mirror glasses with imbedded red arrows (like Ford) and the wiring harness to hook them up. This required removing both front door panels and splicing into the mirror controls. Not difficult so long as you were careful with the door panel clips. Trouble is, they made the car look like a FORD!! Price ran about $200 or so. Muth hasn't been too active lately but they claim to support all DC products. Only problem is that their site hasn't been upgraded since 2003!

There may be others. Try Google and look for "Directional side mirrors".

I'll keep checking around to see what turns up. I wouldn't mind modding my mirrors this way also. Did it on my LHS and felt that it was a good safety item. If you hear or find anything, please advise.

Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Miles, I'll just keep my eyes open and be patient. I want to maintain the same basic shape and contour as the stock units if possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts