Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sidemarker bulbs from Autolumination continue to fail every few months..I have all bulbs inside and out switched to LED's from Autolumination. The only problem I have is with the sidemarkers, i've tried several different kind. I'm sick and tired of ordering these! Does anyone know of a specific bulb that won't keep failing for the sidemarkers? I'm looking for Super White LED's...:pat:

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
My sidemarker bulbs from Autolumination continue to fail every few months..I have all bulbs inside and out switched to LED's from Autolumination. The only problem I have is with the sidemarkers, i've tried several different kind. I'm sick and tired of ordering these! Does anyone know of a specific bulb that won't keep failing for the sidemarkers? I'm looking for Super White LED's...:pat:
I've ordered these from these LED from the same company for my interior and have the same luck. If not burning out, they flicker. I've been using a company from ebay and have been very happy with them. Here is an example of just one of there products. This is a 194 bulb that will fit in the sidemarkers..and there are more if you look..this is a super white bulb: eBay Motors: 2-Bulbs Super White T10 6-Led Light 194-168-501-2825 (item 140242598473 end time Jun-25-08 19:30:00 PDT)

·
Banned
651 Posts
let me guess......you have clear sidemarkers right? ive gone through a countless number of led's every type of brand that is out there. Ive siliconed the [email protected] out of side markers and led's will still burn out. Condinsation burns out the led's. just do what i did and paint your side markers BB and take the bulb out and forget about it. hippies smell and sidemarkers are for h0m0s

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
let me guess......you have clear sidemarkers right? ive gone through a countless number of led's every type of brand that is out there. Ive siliconed the [email protected] out of side markers and led's will still burn out. Condinsation burns out the led's. just do what i did and paint your side markers BB and take the bulb out and forget about it. hippies smell and sidemarkers are for h0m0s
I totally didn't think of the condensation. I've been lucky with mine so far. Haven't used silicon, but doesn't sound like a bad idea.

·
Banned
651 Posts
the plastic the sidemarkers are made from are not the same type of plastic as the OEM. condinsation gets on the insides of the LED's and creates rust then burns them out.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
the plastic the sidemarkers are made from are not the same type of plastic as the OEM. condinsation gets on the insides of the LED's and creates rust then burns them out.
I beg the differ.
I bought clear sidemarkers. After pulling out the OEM ones, they had already started to melt and this was the first time I even touched them.
The sidemarkers are useless anyway. Just paint them the same color as ur car, remove the bulb and ur good. ill b doing that shortly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the sme problem with the flickering. I have the clear sidemarkers. I'm not sure about the condensation, i've never seen any water on the lenses or the bulbs, and haven't seen any rust. Not dismissing the idea though. I like the way the clear sidemarkers look with the white LED, so I wont be painting them..I have a feeling it may have something to do with the bulb being constantly on, instead of occasionally on. I drive a lot with my lights on during the day as I have 8000K headlights and 8000K Fogs, so the sidemarkers are on a lot.

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
I have the sme problem with the flickering. I have the clear sidemarkers. I'm not sure about the condensation, i've never seen any water on the lenses or the bulbs, and haven't seen any rust. Not dismissing the idea though. I like the way the clear sidemarkers look with the white LED, so I wont be painting them..I have a feeling it may have something to do with the bulb being constantly on, instead of occasionally on. I drive a lot with my lights on during the day as I have 8000K headlights and 8000K Fogs, so the sidemarkers are on a lot.
I have 8000K's as well in both my fogs and lows as well and I like to drive with them alot too. I've had my clear side markers for a while now and had no problems.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have 8000K's as well in both my fogs and lows as well and I like to drive with them alot too. I've had my clear side markers for a while now and had no problems.
Kewl,:fing02: who's lights are you using...what brand, or where'd ya nab those puppies?
oh, and what bulbs are you using?
I was going to go for the Clear (triple) LED ones on Ebay but don't think I want to spend $50 for such a small item that I have to reseal anyway...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't know if this will help but I'll spread the little info I have. I've had clear sidemarkers for probably about a year now and have changed the LED bulbs once. Ironically, I'm getting condensation on the drivers side (I have sealed them repeatedly but it's not helping) but it was the passenger side that failed first. When I removed the bulb, it seemed like it was loose somewhere. I have interiors from autolumination and have had no problems so I e-mailed them about the 194s for the sidemarker. If you've never e-mailed them, you should because they respond VERY, VERY quickly and are helpful. The person who wrote me told me to try these bulbs:

The bulbs are a bit pricey at $7.99 a piece but she told me because of the heat sink, I should try these as they would help heat related failures since sidemarkers are continuous "on" bulbs and not bulbs that flicker.

However, my K2 halos have these LEDs in them:

I have had some problems with them flickering or dying but they have been pretty solid the last 6 months or so. I decided to use these bulbs in the sidemarkers and installed them a month ago. So far, so good.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I have no LEDs, flickering or otherwise. LEDs are quite responsive to variations in voltage. If I had flickering LEDs I'd try a 470 microfarad, 16- , or 25-, or 35-, or 50-volt DC electrolytic capacitor (as may be available at any Radio Shack for about $2) installed in parallel with the LEDs in their circuit somewhere close to the LED. The capacitor will smooth out voltage variations and eliminate the flicker. Just be sure to observe the polarity of the electrolytic capacitor when installing.

·
Registered
463 Posts
about removing the bulb... wont it be dangerous if any water gets exposed to where the bulb connects and it will short out the electricity? I painted my sidemarkers the same color and Im wondering how to remove the bulbs and keep my car safe.. sorry about you people that are talking about the lights as supposed to my unlighting :-/

·
Registered
375 Posts
about removing the bulb... wont it be dangerous if any water gets exposed to where the bulb connects and it will short out the electricity? I painted my sidemarkers the same color and Im wondering how to remove the bulbs and keep my car safe.. sorry about you people that are talking about the lights as supposed to my unlighting :-/
I might be wrong but if you have the socket in the sidemarker and not just hanging loosely, you shouldn't get any water in there regardless of whether or not you have a bulb. If for some reason you did and it shorted out, I'm pretty sure it would just blow the fuse.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
At 14.2 volts DC, no, unless you are driving in salt water! But then you would be having other problems.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
been using these for 2 years with clear side makers with ZERO issues..

HID WHITE HIGH POWER LICENSE PLATE LED BULB 194 168 158

autoluminations LEDs are cheapt Chinese CRAP, I prefer to spend a little more for quality stuff..

think about it, at $10 a pop you replace autolumination crap every few months, I spent the same $10 and have no issues for 2 years...

it's not the LED burning out, it is the resistor or the circuit board.

I worked for a fluorescent and LED lighting manufacturer for over 7 years, I tested a bunch of the autolumination crap 2 years ago when they started selling them and they are CRAP, plain and simple..

they sell bulbs at $20 -$30 a pop that cost them $1 - $3 max... compare that to v-leds or oznium that use quality stuff that cost them $8 - $10 and they sell it at the same price as autolumination...

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts