Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I personally dislike (hate :( ) the Signature pics.
They really junk-up the forums.
More and more folks are posting pics in their signature.

Are there any plans to disable the ability to add signature pics?

I know the supporting vendors like the pics and use them to advertise.
As a compromise, maybe only allow supporting vendors and/or supporting members to post signature pics?

Post Edit ----
The picture below is a signature pic.
I just added the pic so everyone knows what it is.

It will appear/repeat on every single post I make.
IMO, it is very distracting/annoying when there are numerous and repeating signature pics throughout a thread. There are some website forums I shy away from because everyone is posting huge signature pics of their old cars, new car, wheels, wives, kids, kitchen sink, jokes, etc. They become so overwhelming that it becomes difficult to know when the thread post ends and the signature pic begins. This forum hasn't gotten too bad yet, but over the past couple of weeks more and more folks are including signature pics.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm fine with signature pics. The forums I visit many users use them and I am used to it.

The only thing i'm gonna recommend is for gossame to replace the pic in his sig with a smaller one, it is very big. Car looks great, and we don't see many bases here. But you don't have to balace the Base to Hemi ratio with that huge picture :p just kidding..

·
Registered
127 Posts
They are a pain in the butt, and they hog a lot of bandwidth for the forum owners. I run a hosting company so I know how crucial conserving bandwidth can be at times.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
what

Im not sure i understand what a signature pic is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well a signature is like the part you have that says

"Eric
Black Cherri"

on every post of yours.

A signature pic is a picture in that space. So when someone posts, its show up every time.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Scarbrs said:
Im not sure i understand what a signature pic is.
I added a signature pic to my profile to demonstrate.
As you can see, it continues to repeat on every post I make.
Except for maybe a file size restriction (I assume there is one), the pic can be any size or shape.

Here is an example of a forum where huge and annoying signature pics have become the norm.
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46967

·
Registered
236 Posts
I did end up resizing mine, I could not figure out how to do it at first! Sorry if I offended anyone with the size of my pic.

Brian

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the signature pictures can be too big, but I enjoy seeing what others have done to their cars.

This forum is not nearly as bad as the Corvette forum.

Enjoy! :)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I will do my best to police signature photos and keep them in check. I prefer people being able to have them in a tasteful manner so Id rather not just have to say "No more pics in signatures." That being said, I cant be everywhere at once so if you see something that seems a bit over the top, please feel free to use the "Report post to moderator" button and let me know and Ill handle it.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
ok

OK

So mine and like Linda's are ok but that cartoon is huge.
I wouldnt feel bad if that was turned off. If someone else likes it thou thats there choice.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
JayC said:
I will do my best to police signature photos and keep them in check. I prefer people being able to have them in a tasteful manner so Id rather not just have to say "No more pics in signatures." That being said, I cant be everywhere at once so if you see something that seems a bit over the top, please feel free to use the "Report post to moderator" button and let me know and Ill handle it.
JayC, how about limiting the size to 100x100 as in the avatar if allowed? That way no policing is needed!

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Scarbrs said:
OK, So mine and like Linda's are ok but that cartoon is huge.
I wouldnt feel bad if that was turned off. If someone else likes it thou thats there choice.
Hey Scarbrs, I think joey did that to make his point, I don't think he intends to keep it... I hope :)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JayC said:
There are many other forums I visit (primarily computer related help forums) that do not allow signature pics. I guess auto related forums are more accustom to signature pics. I just see a trend where more and more folks are using them on this forum/site making it unenjoyable and difficult to read through the threads.

To me, signature pics are in the same category as public smokers or loud cell phone talkers in public places :( and infringe on the "ambiance" of the forum.

I will shut-up now and get off my soap box. Thanks for offering to keep an eye out for over zealous signature pics.

Oh, I deleted my cartoon signature pic. I just posted one because there was a question what it was.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ekool said:
but why spoil it for everyone, there are people who do enjoy signatures.
Oh.....well that certainly is politically correct. We certainly wouldn't want to spoil it for a few.

It's not the text in the signature that is offensive, it's the pics in the signature that is offensive. We can't turn off the pics and leave the text in our signature User CP options.

I've seen enough of these pics and so have others. What's your policy....pics in signatures or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
personally I like the pics.... every forum I'm on their allowed, I can glance at the sig and avatar and know who posted it.... its just nice to know who posted where as your scrolling really quickly..... guess I'm just used to it, but as long as their a nice size, I really like them

I'm probably the person that everybody is complainin about though.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts