Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know much or have installed the silver star hid bulbs in their headlights? I've heard some horror stories of the silver stars heating up too hot and melting the headlight harness. Anyone know about this? I would like to replace my current halogen bulbs with hid silver stars. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had Silverstar Ultras in all my lights (low beam, high beam and fogs). They are definitely an improvement over stock halogens. As they consume the same power as the stock bulb you should not have any wiring/heating problems. However, that being said, the fogs burned out within the year and I've heard stories about they're being short lived. So... I would recommend getting HIDs for your low beam, Silverstar Ultras for your high beam, and using whetever you want or need for your fogs.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I put in SS Ultras last summer for lows and fogs. A year later everything is great and none have burned out. you can find them for about $20 a set on ebay. fyi

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
I had them in my fog lights a while back when I was enperimenting with different halogen bulbs. They were by far the better of all the halogens I've tried, compared to Stock, Xenon, Luminics and others.
I am now running true HID's in my lows and fogs, and love the results best!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Anyone know if you can get HID white lights or SS for the bumper lights? I would like to match the whole front, it just looks better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wait...So are you all running the Silver Star HID lamps in a stock (non-HID) configuration?

OR, are these replacement bulbs for the HID gear that DC includes with the car?

I'm curious, mainly for one of my friends who's looking to replace his standard Halogens with HIDs.

How would one do the conversion from Halogens to HIDs with these SilverStar lamps?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
Wait...So are you all running the Silver Star HID lamps in a stock (non-HID) configuration?

OR, are these replacement bulbs for the HID gear that DC includes with the car?

I'm curious, mainly for one of my friends who's looking to replace his standard Halogens with HIDs.

How would one do the conversion from Halogens to HIDs with these SilverStar lamps?

Thanks in advance!
You would be replacing the bulbs all together from Halogen to HID. This would require removing the stock bulbs and replacing them with HID bulbs and an HID kit.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
I'm running them on the fogs of my Cobra and love them... HID's are another excellent option but a bulb swap is surely and cheap and effective upgrade. :)

-Aaron

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hold up, some people are talking about regular non. HID Silverstars, and some are talking about HID Silverstars.. Topic is about HID Silverstars..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Silverstars do give it a brighter look, i replaced all 3 sets, low, high, fogs. My low and my beams are still going, but some reason my fogs gave out a couple of months later, first the left and then the right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, I just installed the silver stars in my headlights and fogs. It was kinda of a pain for the foglights and easy for the heads, but well worth it for under $100. It gave my 300c a nice bright hid look. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put in Silver Stars for low & high beams over 2 years ago. Definitely better than stock, more distance viewing and of course much brighter. NO problems at all with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed Luminic highs lows and fogs in cool blue. The look amazing and I just replaced the silverstars I had with them and the luminics are a huge improvement and they look better.:biggrin:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts