Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've many mods to our cars in various forms. Seems it's a popular thing to do to these cars. I'd like to hear what you think would be the best mod if only one was to be done.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Diablo Predator!! You might need to have different categories 1. Performance 2. Exterior Modification

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very good point. Maybe too vague or broad.Try again
Best Performance______________________
Best Exterior__________________________
Best Interior__________________________
Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
Best Performance - ?????????????
Best Exterior - Tint or rims. It's hard to pick. They can both drastically change the look of your car.
Best Interior - If you don't have a nav or mygig, I would say an aftermarket headunit.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on Reppin-how could you answer you only have 13 mods (listed):)

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think the NOS! :cool: All the other mods are nice but the NOS will make you grin every time you use it.
What other mod can do that?

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You done that to your scoot?

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Performance wise, get a Diablo. Exterior wise get a grille or wheels.

Intake is also alot for your money. You get performance, underhood looks, and sound.

But honestly if I had to buy just one mod, it would be the diablo. You get so many options with it that its just nuts. Everything from more power, to quicker shifts, to speed limiter, and even custom tuning. Get it.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Landon-thanks.Thats the kind of answer I'm looking for.This is not necessarily even for me,but hearing what upgrade in each category and which might be best of that group I find very interesting.Keep 'um coming

·
Registered
683 Posts
best performance: diablo
best exterior: tint (it gets hot here in Texas)
best interior: 22elite padded console cover

·
Registered
463 Posts
if I had an SRT8 I would just do performance,
If it was the 300c and below, I would get rims.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Performance - Nitrous if talking pure HP gain, Diablo if talking overall performance

Interior - Dash Kit (if you can find a color you like)

Exterior - RIMS!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I dont know if suspension is considered performance...but I would do suspension for exterior so i can drop the car

Exterior I would go with some nice rims

Interior i would problably go with music...unless you could squeeze tints to interior mod category..lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Landon-thanks.Thats the kind of answer I'm looking for.This is not necessarily even for me,but hearing what upgrade in each category and which might be best of that group I find very interesting.Keep 'um coming
No problem!:fing02: i have the same state of mind. I'm only 22 and pay for everything with this vehicle so I have to pick every mod VERY carefully and budget it accordingly.

When I bought the diablo, i thought about it this way; I wanted a single mod for less than 500 bucks that ensured me victory in a race against a stock 5.7 hemi.

In my opinion, top 3 bang for buck on the 5.7 would be Diablo>Catback>Intake

If your shopping for exhausts and are poor like me, I HIGHLY recommend getting a local muffler shop to do a custom kit. I paid $443 bucks out the door and my exhaust sounds cleaner and has less drone than most $1000 systems.

It also shaved .15 off my time in the 1/8th and the conditions were even worse! I can only guess at the gains in the 1/4 mile. Happy shopping!

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Again Landon you provide good stuff.Thanks kiddie-now go to bed :) Little older here by .........ok older here,money is not a concern in the least ( thank goodness).I have many other interest's and hobbies that can suck ya dry.Reason I ask what I did is 2 fold. One is selfish wondering what would be best for me( not really all that impressed with the stock performance-and form what I've seen here we have some VERY creative people with nice rides-MurderedOut really come to mind) Second is a lot of newer people who lurk are curious to what we do or don't do to our cars. Thanks again

·
Registered
88 Posts
Again Landon you provide good stuff.Thanks kiddie-now go to bed :) Little older here by .........ok older here,money is not a concern in the least ( thank goodness).I have many other interest's and hobbies that can suck ya dry.Reason I ask what I did is 2 fold. One is selfish wondering what would be best for me( not really all that impressed with the stock performance-and form what I've seen here we have some VERY creative people with nice rides-MurderedOut really come to mind) Second is a lot of newer people who lurk are curious to what we do or don't do to our cars. Thanks again
:fing02: No prob bob

·
Registered
57 Posts
Having just added a Diablo Predator, I would have to give that my vote for overall performance - it makes the car behave like you think it should. Acceleration is better, shifts are better. Add a good catback like a Corsa or Borla (or even eliminate the resonators, from what I have read here) and it sounds sooo nice. I love the grumble/rumble when you back off the accelerator or drop it down in gears - makes me young again! If you get the Predator from one of the vendors here (someone like PPP comes to mind) that has a kit of the Predator and a CAI together, then WOT sounds just as good. (This is based on the 5.7L, if you have the 6.1L, listen to someone that has one of those).

And it is so much fun smoking the rice-burners with the coffee cans...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts