Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We purchased this used 2006 last month
it has the basic radio with CD and Sirius only. The Sirius is still working and we have not paid for it. We just got a REC nav radio to replace it with and want to transfer the Sirius over from the basic radio to the nav radio after we install it. I have not contacted Sirius in fear of they may turn it off since we should not have it unless the previous owner paid for a life time membership. I just received something in the mail that said that we can sign up for sirius radio with the vin# and ESN# how do I check to see if the ESN number on the factory radio is the same as what is on the paper matching the VIN#? Short version of this is how to I find the ESN# in the factory radio?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just went from a stock non-nav radio to a REC last weekend and the Sirius worked just fine. I pay for mine, so the Sirius decoder must be a separate unit.

Look in the Owners Manual, there is a way to pull up the ESN. I did it last year, but that brain cell died.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed the Nav system myself, I did not have to call Sirius when I installed it. I did have to call them when I signed up for the service last year though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just installed the REC radio and bye bye Sirius
I called them today and added it on
funny thing is both radios came up with the same ESN#

·
Registered
71 Posts
to get the ESN, press and hold SET/RND and the EJECT button for a few seconds.
I've been trying to figure this out for a month.... Guess I know where to look when I have these questions now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts