Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my 2nd 300c, and it has pretty much every option, all except for Sirius. I called the dealer and they said that it doesn't save any money simply by having the navigation unit already in the vehicle, and that parts and labor would be around $700 to add Sirius. That sounds like too damn much, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to get it done more cheaply. If it helps, I live in Orange County, but work in downtown LA (just in case someone local knows of a shop that can get it done cheaper). All comments appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
which radio do you have? i had the base model in my 08' and it was sirrius ready just had to add the antennae. now i have the mygig and again all it needs is the antennae and that shouldn't cost more than 1 hr of labor at your dealer. my dealer charged me 1/2 labor to switch out my radio so it depends on what your state's max hourly rate is for your labor cost. you can find the antennae on ebay or somewhere else don't let the dealer gauge you.
I just received my 2nd 300c, and it has pretty much every option, all except for Sirius. I called the dealer and they said that it doesn't save any money simply by having the navigation unit already in the vehicle, and that parts and labor would be around $700 to add Sirius. That sounds like too damn much, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to get it done more cheaply. If it helps, I live in Orange County, but work in downtown LA (just in case someone local knows of a shop that can get it done cheaper). All comments appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which radio do you have? i had the base model in my 08' and it was sirrius ready just had to add the antennae. now i have the mygig and again all it needs is the antennae and that shouldn't cost more than 1 hr of labor at your dealer. my dealer charged me 1/2 labor to switch out my radio so it depends on what your state's max hourly rate is for your labor cost. you can find the antennae on ebay or somewhere else don't let the dealer gauge you.
This is my nav/radio unit. The dealer says that the Sirius receiver is an additional piece of equipment unrelated to my nav unit, but maybe they're full of ****e.

·
Registered
776 Posts
the dealer is somewhat correct. youll need two kits - the receiver and the antenna kit - total <$250. Do the installation yourself - its easy. All the instructions are provided. If you prefer, you could even mount the antenna on the dash to avoid cutting a hole in the roof.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the dealer is somewhat correct. youll need two kits - the receiver and the antenna kit - total <$250. Do the installation yourself - its easy. All the instructions are provided. If you prefer, you could even mount the antenna on the dash to avoid cutting a hole in the roof.
Thanks for this - I knew that the dealer was a ripoff! Where do I buy the receiver and installation kit?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have the reciever from my 07 SRT8 if you can use it. Bracket too. PM or email me if you want it.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
on the same note, if anyone has a satellite antenna for a stock Chrysler/Dodge vehicle I need one. Let me know if you have one laying around and don't need it.

Thanks in advance,

Moose

1 - 8 of 8 Posts