Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a shop slot and drill my existing 300C rotors? It is more for looks than anything else, as I am not going to track the car. Does anyone know of a good shop in Texas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
While any good machine shop can do them it's probably to your financial interests to simply purchase them done already.

A shop will change you for both programing and run time on the work. There will be a tool change invovled at least two times; drill, chamfer tool, and ball end mill. You'll then need (or want) to have them zinc plated. That alone with only two (or four) rotors will cost you a lot charger of about $75.

All said and done you'll be right where you started at looking at other options for less money. *buddy own's a machine shop, beer, game tickets, trade issue etc. aside.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While any good machine shop can do them it's probably to your financial interests to simply purchase them done already.

A shop will change you for both programing and run time on the work. There will be a tool change invovled at least two times; drill, chamfer tool, and ball end mill. You'll then need (or want) to have them zinc plated. That alone with only two (or four) rotors will cost you a lot charger of about $75.

All said and done you'll be right where you started at looking at other options for less money. *buddy own's a machine shop, beer, game tickets, trade issue etc. aside.
Can you do me a favor and look at the different ones on the R1 concepts page and tell me which ones I should get? It seems there are two different kinds. I will not be tracking.

R1 Concepts Inc. - Discount Performance Brake Rotors

R1 Concepts Inc. - Discount Performance Brake Rotors

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm not familiar enough with the product to suggest one over the other. However...I'd say that none of them will serve the purpose for function better than another being the same dimension and such. Your money is better spent on pads suited to your specific needs than rotor design.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am just going for the look of slotted and drilled rotors behind my wheels, I have no need for $1000+ big brakes. Thanks anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts