Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I test drove a new 2013 300C V8 with only 15 miles on it. It's a very nice car but it seemed sluggish. I didn't want to beat up the brand new car but passing under some lights I did slowly push the gas to the floor. The response was unimpressive. I've driven other 300's and Chargers so I expected more. Is something off with this car? I've read rumors that Chrysler has disabled some performance features prior to the first xx number of miles.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Sounds as though you were in MDS (4 cylinder mode).
The car does not stay in MDS mode when accellerating.

Chrysler does not limit cars for x # of miles. However, after the car breaks in for a few thousand miles, it does actually get better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't manually shift. Eventually it did shift on its own but it took a bit. Perhaps it would have been different if I had stomped it from the start. Again, I was hesitant to really push it with only 15 miles. I love performance but I'm having trouble thinking of the 300c that way. As it is, I'm struggling to decide whether to go V6 or V8.

·
Registered
254 Posts
what do you expect when its married to a sluggish transmission. I was unimpressed with got the v6, that things wants to be driven like its stolen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After many test drives, it does seem like the V8 is clearly more powerful. Unfortunately it has to be in the right gear and the 5sp. doesn't always want to jump to the right gear. I supposed that's why we have the paddle shifters. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I test drove a 300C with 5.7 Hemi and Touring suspension about 2 months ago. Frankly, I was quite impressed by the 5-speed transmission. I thought it down shifted quickly. I have been eyeing 300 for a while. My current drive is an Evo X MR with one of those fastest twin clutch transmissions. Yet, I think 300's 5-speed transmission down shifts okay. The trick is that one has to *quickly" press the gas pedal down.....

·
Registered
563 Posts
The trick is that one has to *quickly" press the gas pedal down.....
That's absolutely correct. In all seriousness these transmissions fall on their faces trying to figure out the gear if you roll on the accelerator (and this seems to be an even worse problem on my Trinity tune). But smash your foot into the floor and they do just damn fine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts