Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know you have it, looking in the manual it says if equipped and there is a digital camera in the vehicle near rear view mirror, I see somethign there but I assuming that is the sensor for the windshield for the rain sensing wipers, there is no option for it on the 300 C build&Price site, Is it standard on the 300 C, can someone clarify this for me.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
kobe8 said:
How do you know you have it, looking in the manual it says if equipped and there is a digital camera in the vehicle near rear view mirror, I see somethign there but I assuming that is the sensor for the windshield for the rain sensing wipers, there is no option for it on the 300 C build&Price site, Is it standard on the 300 C, can someone clarify this for me.

Thanks
Where exactly is this in the manual?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jjs said:
Where exactly is this in the manual?

I am at work currently so I dont have it handy, I can take a look at it a liitle later. It's under the headlight section that displays the auto headlights etc. Note this is a 2006 manual I dont know if it differs from any other model or not

·
Registered
252 Posts
i beleive that refers to a sensor just about the car stereo. it picks up on the headlights then darkens your driver side mirror simailar feature as on the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
12 Posts
SmartBeam headlights are a feature that is currently available on the Jeep Grand Cherokee and automaticaly goes from high beam to low beam and vice versa when another automobile approaches.
This is probably a feature that will show up on the 300C's later on in the model year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know where the sensor would be on the 300C. But, if it is called smartbeam it is the Chrysler Corporation trademarked name for auto dimming Highbeams.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi,

I have the same reference in the manual (pg 105) for my 2006 300C wihich is an all options car (except AWD). Acording to the manual it can be activated in EVIC. I looked in the EVIC and there is no "Automatic High Beam System" in the menus. I assumed that the system was deleted because my car has the HID headlights. Now I am not so sure. Does anyone have the Smart Beam system on their car?

Phil

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't think this is useful when you have HID. My hid on my 2005 awd 300C are bright. I don't need to use my high beams. It don't make any sense for this two options to go together. It is probably one or the other but not both.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi,

I use my high beams regularly. I live in a rural area with no street lights and winding roads, so I find the high beams quite useful. As far as the HID lights go, I don't think they are signfiicantly brighter than the regular headlights on my Caddy were, or for that matter the regular lights on my T&C.

Phil

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
HID is significantly brighter than standard DC beams, Chryco products for years have been lamented by journalists as "dim witted bulbs". My Odyssey without HID has excellent lights.

My dad's 65 Sedan Deville had an autotronic eye which was a photo cell hidden in the egg crate grille that auto dimmed the high beams. 40 years later, my 300C does not have this feature. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Hopefully they’ve improved on the technology of this option. I had two Thunderbirds with this option back in the 80’s and it never worked properly. The “eye” couldn’t judge distance and would either leave the high beams on too long for comfort or click them off way too soon and then bring them back up just as the car passed. I got many a pissed off driver passing me by- so I elected not to use it. Pity- interesting concept if the technology has improved.
BTW- I find my HID's don't really need brights and I live out in a rural area without street lights. Go figure. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
phunter1 said:
Hi,

I have the same reference in the manual (pg 105) for my 2006 300C wihich is an all options car (except AWD). Acording to the manual it can be activated in EVIC. I looked in the EVIC and there is no "Automatic High Beam System" in the menus. I assumed that the system was deleted because my car has the HID headlights. Now I am not so sure. Does anyone have the Smart Beam system on their car?

Phil
So did anyone find out if this otpion exists? I have the regular lights on my 06 and nothing on the EVIC!!!

·
Banned
72 Posts
smart beam

i never saw anything about smart beam as an option when i was buying my 06 300c awd, but it mentions it in my manual...........that weird maybe all vehicles are equipt and they will activate it w/ a computer update later on during a service appointment :AR15firin

·
Registered
274 Posts
Posibly. The manual says that it is controlled by a camera on the backside of the rear view mirror. My car appears to have a camera there, so it may just be a software update to EVIC to get the fuctionality. Now, it they will include a fix to the outside temp, I would be very happy.

Phil

·
Registered
32 Posts
phunter1 said:
Posibly. The manual says that it is controlled by a camera on the backside of the rear view mirror. My car appears to have a camera there, so it may just be a software update to EVIC to get the fuctionality. Now, it they will include a fix to the outside temp, I would be very happy.

Phil
the camera is there on my car too. Going to the dealer sometime this week. We'll see if they can fix this too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts