Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post since I just got my son’s inferno red 2008 300c, trading him my 05 Grand Cherokee. Now 23 mpg vs 16 for my 60 mile a day commute. Love the 300c, but one issue. Smartbeam. Both cars have/had Smartbeam, but they work perfectly in the GC, work horribly in the 300. Every single road sign on the right side dims the lights, and cars coming at me from even slightly to the right side dim the lights. Cars coming straight at me? At best 50/50, and never dims soon enough. Coming at me from even slightly, very slightly, left? No dimming, lots of people flashing at me. Is the sensor aimable? Could mine be facing slightly right? Can’t find anyone who knows anything about them, even the local dealer. Gentex, the system manufacturer, hasn’t responded to my question posted to their website. Seems odd as this option remains available on new 300s. Can anyone help or direct me to a knowledge base?

·
Registered
118 Posts
It’s likely the system needs calibration especially if the windshield has been replaced. The dealer uses a target and the scan tool for calibration. Some glass installers have the equipment as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts