Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to these halls, but have been reading your inputs on the 300C. I started seriously considering one this past weekend. Can anyone tell me where to find those smoked taillights in the thumbnails for the black pearl from DUBS???????? I am thinking about a setup similar to that car with that taillight treatment, if I can find them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure about the one on that particular car, but for the most part you can just take them apart yourself and paint them. So far, I haven’t seen anyone who offers smoked taillights as an aftermarket kit for the 300? I'm not certain that it is legal, it might get you a fix it ticket, I would check into first. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info..........that is something to consider....I am goning to keep looking for those taillights, just in case the state ordinaces have no provision against them..........probably not because I see plenty of rice rockets with blacked out tailight treatments. Any thoughts on the wheels.....

I am told there is at least a six to eight week wait to just get those wheels, so I will be looking for another alternative......any suggestions????

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, I spoke to TIS (twenty inches strong), the company that did 50 Cents 300C and the Black Pearl one youre talking about, and they said within the next 2 months their rims will fit out rides. They are working on it now, but there is not an exact date that they will be available.
However, I am told that you can get these wheels redrilled to fit. I dont know how you feel about that but I am stongly considering it. They told me that they (TIS) will not redrill them for us for safety reasons, but alot of places do it for $50-75 a wheel. The only thing is that they can only redrill bolt patterns within 2 sizes of ours, meaning 5x5 and a different one that i dont remember...

Just something to consider

·
Registered
28 Posts
Stop bringing 50 Cent up...Everytime someone brings up him owning a 300C, makes me not want to buy one. It's not because I don't like rap either, I just can't stand phoney wanna-be's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info.........not sure about the drilling. It might compromise the stength of the hub mounting assembly. Did TIS indicate when the wheels would be ready for sale? Because I found a site that have the rims listed for sale, although I am not sure if the bolf pattern or the offset is correct?

·
Registered
208 Posts
TIS told me up to 2 months before they will be ready in our bolt pattern. However, www.rimstop.com told me they talked to TIS and that they (rimstop) should have them within the next 2-3 weeks. I honestly dont know though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, New Owner Here, I Bought A 300 C About 3 Weeks Ago And I Love It. I Have Already Tinted The Windows And The Rear Emblem Removed And Repainted. I Live In The Palm Beach Area Loaded With European Cars.. Everyone Turns To Look At This Car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quit playin

Quit playin and post some pics already, I want to see your baby.

·
Registered
254 Posts
SILVERBULLET said:
Hey, New Owner Here, I Bought A 300 C About 3 Weeks Ago And I Love It. I Have Already Tinted The Windows And The Rear Emblem Removed And Repainted. I Live In The Palm Beach Area Loaded With European Cars.. Everyone Turns To Look At This Car.

I'm interested to see what you did with the rear emblem!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Smoked Taillights

Have anyone heard of anyone offering the Smoked Taillights for the 300C yet?

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
dh1 (et al), one extra thing to consider if you blacken out the taillights, clean up any raised writing or symbols on the surface first for a really smooth finish. Sand and polish them away before applying paint/tint.

There was a place here that did a professional job and that was one of the standout quality differences that the backyard guys didn't do. they have stopped doing the modification as the cops started policing the dark lights.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Gary C, BTW, nice little animated Avatar you have there ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Angi300C,
I just wanted to tell you that I think that your 300c is "ice cold"! Keep up the good work! You are inspiring me to get my 300c in a black with 22" SQ2's, a different grill, and a computer system for my baby! By the way, how do you like the ride on your 22s? Holla back!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts