Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum folk, i've trawled the previous replacement key threads and can't find any that refer to European supply, so here's hoping someone can help.

I have my (only) key - but it has snapped.

It is a U.K. 2006 300C CRD, but I am in Ibiza, Spain.

The Chrysler concession here want an eye-watering 400€ to replace - but as importantly they can't get it done for 2 weeks (which in reality means 3 to 4) as it has to be sourced from the mainland.

I guess it may have been cheaper and quicker to order one from a U.K. dealer and get it FedExed over - but from what I read today Chrysler are no more in the U.K.

I had a look on Mopar.eu, but no mention of keys there.

So, what to do?

READY TO USE

Does anybody know of any, ideally European (for speed of delivery), aftermarket options for a ready to use replacement key?

or

Does anybody know who has taken over Chrysler's official service/spares/keys in the U.K.?

BLANK

If I have to obtain a blank to get cut and swap the gut from the old one into the new one, does anybody know of a link to a good one? I bought one before for a different car, but the quality and instructions were appalling. Just ended up getting a new dealer one.

Huge thanks for any help - this seems like one of those things that really shouldn't be this complicated!!

(No prizes for guessing how many times I'd said to myself, 'must get a second key cut just in case ::smile::)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Is the break in the key straight, or bent?
If it is straight, you may be able to get an all metal key like the ones used by chrysler up until just the last couple of years. If straight, try to carefully epoxy the pieces together and buy some small files, in case you have to tweak it. If your key is a sensor key, you can tape it to the steering column near the ignition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would buying an empty key shell from ebay be an option?

A key cutters should be able to cut the new key from the old one (depending how broken it is), and you can just transfer the insides over from the old one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts