Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the upcoming VaraRam induction for the 300C and Dodge Magnum. This company produces systems for the Corvette, Viper and late model GM trucks. The owner's wife owns a 300C so they've done some testing with this on her car. It was good for about a 3 tenth improvement at the track. The finished product might look a little different than this but the picture above will give you a good idea what they are working on. I'll let everyone know as soon as they are available. They will probably be towards the end of the year.

Tom

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
SEND US E-MAIL

WE HAVE MOVED TO A NEW FACILITY - UPDATED CONTACT INFO AND ADDRESS

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will probably be in the $250. - $275. range. I'm running an induction like this on one of my trucks. It has a very noticeable horsepower increase along with a 2 MPG improvement in gas mileage.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is this a forced air/cold air induction system? I put a semi/forced air system in my 87 vette. Let me tell you it does make a difference. It feels nice to have some extra pull on the highway.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This induction is designed to flow more air than the stock airbox. It pulls cool air in and then increases it's velocity as it goes into the motor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What's it made out of and will a stock filter still work with it?

-Todd

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This system will be made out of plastic. It uses a round foam filter so you won't be able to use the one from the factory.

·
Registered
375 Posts
tbyrne,
Thanks for the info, looks like something worth waiting for. I was on the site and looked breifly, but want to know how increase in velocity takes place/how is it accomplished? I'm assuming no "electrical" hookups?
Thanks!

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scratch the part about it speeding up velocity as it goes into the motor for now. Some of the other VaraRam systems use the stock tube between the airbox and throttlebody. More air flows through the airbox and then increases speed as it is sucked through the tube and into the motor. Air sometimes slows down if it is passing through a larger tube between those two points. Think of it like putting your thumb over the end of a garden hose. That builds pressure which cases the water to spray out harder. Let me see how the final product will be set up before giving the exact info about this one. It will be very close to what is shown about though. I really looking forward to putting of these on my C. Installation can be done by anyone in about 10-15 minutes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm definately interested in this product. However, it all boils down to how much more horsepower/torque this system will add verses AIRAID and K&N's. If there was some type of competitive comparison illustrating how this system add more power then the others, then I'll purchase this product.

Excessive noise is a factor as well. However, that can be rather subjective.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They say a few weeks but I've found that new products like this don't come out when they are supposed to. I check on it every few weeks :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts