Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock SRT-8's (with summer performance tires) use 245 on the front and 25 on the back. Pirelli makes a 255 snow tire that fits our the rear end. Does anyone know if the 255's will fit on the front? No one makes a 245 snow tire yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
JMatt said:
Stock SRT-8's (with summer performance tires) use 245 on the front and 25 on the back. Pirelli makes a 255 snow tire that fits our the rear end. Does anyone know if the 255's will fit on the front? No one makes a 245 snow tire yet.
On my RT Mag I have 255/55-18 Toyo Proxes S/T's and they fit just fine.

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hewinutah said:
On my RT Mag I have 255/55-18 Toyo Proxes S/T's and they fit just fine.
Which is relevant to the clearance of 20" tires on the lowered SRT-8 suspension because.......

(sorry. Just had to bust your chops for failing to notice this was an SRT-8 thread.)

·
Registered
161 Posts
lets hope they fit! (gulp)

JMatt said:
I have bought the pirellis, but not installed them (will do sometime next week)
before doing so, i put the rear (255) F1 on the front and clearance was okay, but i did not run the car through a full range of motion, full lock to lock etc. I just made sure it cleared the suspension arm and the bolt. See this old thread http://www.300cforums.com/forums/sr...400-srt8-wheel-stuff-long-multiple-posts.html

--HW

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great original thread!! Sorry I missed it the first time around. Will you be sure to update us once you've actually put the 255's on and tested lock to lock (and driven around a couple miles)?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just ordered the Borbet TS 18" wheels from TireRack.

I plan to run Dunlop Grandtrek WT 255/55-18 (I had these on my X5) on the rims and I did order the valve stems for the TPM system.
Should have these this week....maybe next....I'll post my findings.
THX hemiwagn...that is some post...nice work!!!

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RobertV said:
I plan to run Dunlop Grandtrek WT 255/55-18 (I had these on my X5) on the rims and I did order the valve stems for the TPM system.
Should have these this week....maybe next....I'll post my findings.
THX hemiwagn...that is some post...nice work!!!
Let us know if they fit. No one's found 18" wheels yet that clear the brakes on the SRT-8.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just got the boxes from tire rack....

The Borbets fit just fine.
I hope to have the tires mounted in the next few days and I'll do another test fit and lock to lock check.
The Borbet TS wheels look fantastic......can't wait to see them on the car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
RobertV said:
The Borbets fit just fine.
I hope to have the tires mounted in the next few days and I'll do another test fit and lock to lock check.
The Borbet TS wheels look fantastic......can't wait to see them on the car.
That is good news -- finally a 18" wheel that will clear the srt8 brakes. How wide is the rim, BTW?
Love to see the pics when you are done.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's your total cost for the package--wheels, tires, TPM?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here are some photos of the Winter wheels

Just some photos I snapped:
****Make sure if you get just rims you have them spun on the balancer before you mount the tires to check if they are bent. Tire Rack will not take any rims back that have any mounting marks on them****

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I gotta tell you: I wasn't convinced those 18" were really going to fit. That's a VERY impressive winter tire package you've got. Nice work.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've had very good luck with TireRack over the years, including buying a package of a full set of Blizzaks and new factory wheels for my then-new Z/28. Did you ask them if they would do the mounting for you on the Borbets if you drop-shipped the TPMs to them?

Package looks great, may not have to drive the Z/28 all winter after all.

Rick

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great looking package! kudo's to Tire Rack on doing their homework. Like JMatt, I was a little skeptical but no more. I've heard good things about them and this is another confirmation of their good reputation.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am happy to have a good solution too.

HealyRick, I already had the tires, so a drop ship on the tpm valves wouldn't have worked for me.
This is my sixth set of winter wheels from them, but the first set without tires on them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
JMatt said:
I just put the Pirelli Scorpion Ice Tires 255/45/20s on the front on my CSRT-8 with no problem. The size difference is a mere 4mm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts