Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post!

I bought an SRT8 that needed a computer re-flash... and minor cosmetic issues...

What I have found is that the PCM installed (right rear of engine bay), is not the right PCM for the car, presumably a 5.7L PCM. I have one coming on Wednesday.

Next, the "minor" cosmetic issues, which don't effect driveability persay, but very annoying. I think the guy snapped off the clips on the radio / vent fascia, as well as the plastic piece covering the defrost vents. I'm also working on the headlights, the right one, in particular had a dead bulb, and I'd like to swap to LED. I'd also like to swap the factory radio with an aftermarket apple carplay radio, plus adding a backup camera.

Info I'm looking for:

Radio recommendations (particularly something that is easy to install while maintaining maximum original functionality, steering wheel controls, video volume, and a decent mic, because outside of my wife's durango, every car ive had has trash mic's, whether built in/ stand alone)

LED installation, has anyone done this? I have what looks nearly like wall plugin wire on the LED (I selected Chrysler and light out cancelling connector). I have it connected temporarily, but would love to hook it up permanently (I have an under hood manual switch). I'd even re-wire it, but I don't know where the correct wiring is to hook up to. Any locations / pics would be GREATLY appreciated!

Any info on a good aftermarket fascia or stock one, either way I dont care, but I want it to lock in. Not fall into me upon harsh acceleration (which I actually only do at the moment once per drive because of the current PCM issue, it will stall out otherwise).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2006. I'm missing clips or whatever the clips go into. Neither the stock bezel, nor the random one that's currently in the car has the ability to "click" in anymore. So I guess I'm looking for 2 things in regards to the radio. Fascia clips and apple car play radio. I've scoured the internet, including crutchfield. I ended up buying a cheap (first mistake) apple carplay radio, and it didn't have a USB connection, and isn't a wireless apple carplay. TOTAL FAIL! (on me and the company) I will return that radio obv. I just want to make sure, whatever radio I get, I can maintain the original features of the car, if that is even possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts