Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2008 steel blue 300c srt-8 yesterday I was not planing on buying another car I just bought my 07 vanilla 300c a few months ago but this srt-8 was by far too good of a deal to pass up. I have a good friend who is a sales mgr at my chrysler dealer and he called me yesterday and told me to come down and look at this srt-8, someone was test driveing another car and hit this one in the rear and scrached it and busted out the left tail light. It has an msrp of over $47,000 it is the most fully loaded srt-8 you can buy and I paid a little over $30,000 for it!!!! So I had to buy it I just could not pass it up at that price!!! I have to get a new tail light for it so I am going to get one today. I did not trade in my 07 300c I still have it and I think I am going to keep it. It is payed for and I love it so now I have an 5.7 and an 6.1, Was that a good price that I got on it???? I fought 3 other people over it. I had the cash so I got it. I had to pay cash for it so I am drained cash wise for a while now.

·
Banned
651 Posts
wow that means you had at least $50K CASH
must be nice

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
So I bought a 2008 steel blue 300c srt-8 yesterday I was not planing on buying another car I just bought my 07 vanilla 300c a few months ago but this srt-8 was by far too good of a deal to pass up. I have a good friend who is a sales mgr at my chrysler dealer and he called me yesterday and told me to come down and look at this srt-8, someone was test driveing another car and hit this one in the rear and scrached it and busted out the left tail light. It has an msrp of over $47,000 it is the most fully loaded srt-8 you can buy and I paid a little over $30,000 for it!!!! So I had to buy it I just could not pass it up at that price!!! I have to get a new tail light for it so I am going to get one today. I did not trade in my 07 300c I still have it and I think I am going to keep it. It is payed for and I love it so now I have an 5.7 and an 6.1, Was that a good price that I got on it???? I fought 3 other people over it. I had the cash so I got it. I had to pay cash for it so I am drained cash wise for a while now.
Congrats on entering the Dark Side!!! You won't regret it, especially paying cash. Smart move there!!! You get this award now...
!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
76 Posts
my god man....what do you do for a living that you can pay that in cash?!! and can i get a job with you or for you or whatever!! i wanna play too!!
nice buy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
thats my dream to one day move up and get an srt-8 guess ill just stick with my touring for awhile good purchase and i hope you enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Congratulations on your great epic in getting that SRT! What a steal, indeed! I'm amazed the dealership dropped the price that low for the minimal damage that was done.

Oh well, you are definitely the winner in this deal. How cool is that to have 2 fine HEMIs to enjoy like so many other forum members!

bruno

·
Registered
771 Posts
Congratulations 300cboy on your SRT8 and welcome to the club, I paid cash for both vehicles I have!:biggrin:

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all no I'm not rich I've just been smart with my money. I am 23 and I am a 3rd year resident E.R doctor & O.B.G.Y.N and I will be paying med school bills forever and then some so no I am not rich but finally I am starting to make some good money . I just rather pay cash for my cars than take out a loan. This srt-8 is nice but I only bought because I got a good deal on it and I love my vanilla 300c so I am going to have my 5.7 for my everyday car and the srt-8 for my weakened car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
dont worry brotha

i bought mine about 3 months back for 30k Canadian and it's the best thing i ever did, go big or go home i say :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey all no I'm not rich I've just been smart with my money. I am 23 and I am a 3rd year resident E.R doctor & O.B.G.Y.N and I will be paying med school bills forever and then some so no I am not rich but finally I am starting to make some good money . I just rather pay cash for my cars than take out a loan. This srt-8 is nice but I only bought because I got a good deal on it and I love my vanilla 300c so I am going to have my 5.7 for my everyday car and the srt-8 for my weakened car.
sorry, but wouldn't your 5.7 by the weaker of the 2? or did you mean weekend car? (gotta get them in where i can). lol!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
spelling must be an elective in pre-med school.:biggrin:

im just playin bro, i had to say it too.

congrats on the ride!
have fun on your weakends!:biggrin:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Damn what a deal! Congrats. I only make poor nurse money so I'm still paying for mine.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

Sorry but i'm 23 paramedic and soon to be PA student and i know a little about the medical field.....

How are you a 23 y/o ER RESIDENT!!!

So you're claiming you ARE a Doctor and in the 3rd year of your ER residency?

How long was your medical school?

Where did you go?

Did you know that it takes your bachelors(4 years) AND medical school just to start your residency which is at the very minimum 3 years?

So 8 years of school post highschool minimum?

Finished highschool at what 17? 4 years for bachelors? 4 years of med school= 25 years old....BUT you state you are already 3 years into residency which means u are 11 years in saying u started college at 12???

I'm calling BS bro......sorry:thumbsdow

Did you know think anybody here would call you out on such an outrageous claim...curious what u have to say to back that one up but in my 4 years of working in the emergency field the youngest resident i have EVER seen or knew of is 26-28.....

Er residents have dirt low salaries in case u didn't know and OBGYN's have 4+ years of RN school and their NP or Dr's have a 2 year fellowship to become OBGYN specialized.....

Tell me SOMETHIN!!!

Great deal on the Srt-8 tho:biggrin:

·
Registered
494 Posts
How are you a 23 y/o ER RESIDENT!!!

in my 4 years of working in the emergency field the youngest resident i have EVER seen or knew of is 26-28.....

Er residents have dirt low salaries in case u didn't know
I agree! I've been a FF/Medic for the last 8yrs and never have came across a 3rd yr resident that young. If this really is the case...I give you mad props and wish you well.
Also, 30k for a rear-end with a scratch and broken tail light? I only believe this if the car's tittle was savaged meaning there must of been more damage that you reported. I don't think a dealer is going to take an est. loss of 15k for those damages...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Maybe he meant to put down 32 instead of 23? Perhaps a typo?

Jim

·
Registered
76 Posts
wow.....what does it matter. i am the president of mars and i am 300 years old. anyone can make a claim, doesn't mean anything. maybe he made a typo maybe he made it up, who cares. we are here to talk about cars et al. let's not get sooooo focused on what a person claims. there are people on here that know b.s. when they hear it and will let it go. then there are people on here that will rant and rave about it and loose all perspective of everything else. cars people.....cars.
the proof is in the puddin!
rob

·
Registered
494 Posts
wow.....what does it matter. i am the president of mars and i am 300 years old. anyone can make a claim, doesn't mean anything. maybe he made a typo maybe he made it up, who cares. we are here to talk about cars et al. let's not get sooooo focused on what a person claims. there are people on here that know b.s. when they hear it and will let it go. then there are people on here that will rant and rave about it and loose all perspective of everything else. cars people.....cars.
the proof is in the puddin!
rob
We just called him out on it, that's all. A typo, well thats possible but the story about being a ER resident just ruined his credibility too me. That's just my opinion. You're right though, the focus here is for cars and not jobs, cost of cars, or salaries. We all love coming here for the same thing but should atleast keep it real........:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
We just called him out on it, that's all. A typo, well thats possible but the story about being a ER resident just ruined his credibility too me. That's just my opinion. Your right though, the focus here is for cars and not jobs, cost of cars, or salaries. We all love coming here for the same thing but should atleast keep it real........:biggrin:

EXACTLY!!! :fing02:

People on here should have some credibility as many of us personally know each other and there are some pretty BIG money transactions on here for parts etc......

If he switched the numbers(on accident:thumbsdow ) then fine but this isn't a forum full of teenage honda owners......he chose to make that claim so if somebody has the knowledge to call him out it's fair game just as if somebody were to claim 600hp to the wheels with an intake and exhaust!:smashfrea

·
Registered
494 Posts
I made a mistake, I did know a very young doctor at one time....His name was Doogie Howser! J/K:biggrin: Had to throw that in there.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts