Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was making great time on the interstate. Check it out...I guess I'm getting a few extra ponies from the mods after all :)

BTW...I saw a whole lotta C's on I-70 Eastbound on the way out, and a few Westbound on the way back...anybody here? Was also playing with a magnum R/T around Indy, but no C's going my way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
hahahahaha :D I didn't even know the NAV unit had that function, I need to continue playing with it.

FYI I found a few fixes for the sunroof. Every 3 weeks or so I use lexol leather conditioner on the rubber gasket surrounding the sunroof. It cuts back on "rubber squeaks" entirely. I found that the cloth sunshade makes a cracking/clicking type noise when the body rolls or driving down the freeway at times. I found if I shove something in between the sunshade and the plastic trim around the sunroof attached to the headliner, it stops completely. I put some foam weather stripping in between the headliner and sunshade. Worked like a charm...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try it...

Thanks for the info...I've been using lithium grease, but it doesn't last very long. I'll try your way. Damn, I really regret buying this car...I should have been more patient and ordered one without the sunroof. Oh well...too late now :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
joe300c said:
My main gripes with the sunroof aren't mechanics at all but rather I never have it open during the day, even here in sunny california, because it makes the cabin TOO bright and adds too much glare, and at night it reflects all the dash lights and creates a glare... so my shade seems to always be closed! :rolleyes:
Joe don't make me have to buy you a set of sunglasses! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Well, you could always tint it very dark and not have the bright problem.

I wouldn't have gotten one any other way than with a sunroof...had one on my 3 previous cars and love them...80% of the time just the tilt feature is enough, but being able to decide when and where I want to use it is easily worth about $900.00 to me over the life of the car.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
joshmillslane said:
I was making great time on the interstate. Check it out...I guess I'm getting a few extra ponies from the mods after all :)

BTW...I saw a whole lotta C's on I-70 Eastbound on the way out, and a few Westbound on the way back...anybody here? Was also playing with a magnum R/T around Indy, but no C's going my way.
Now ... that's fast!
No wonder you're having sunroof problems. lol :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no photochop.

It's an error in the math I guess. I found one later in the day that was like 847 MPH. I didn't think you guys would believe my C was THAT fast, so I didn't take a picture of it :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
joshmillslane said:
It's an error in the math I guess. I found one later in the day that was like 847 MPH. I didn't think you guys would believe my C was THAT fast, so I didn't take a picture of it :)
If you HAD taken it, think how that would tip the scales if you posted it over where they bloviate about Caddy CTSs.

Hmmmm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts