Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Thanks of this great and helpful forum, i checked THE software version of my car.
THE evic told me : 7/27/04 v3.61
Is there anybody who knows of there is an update available? And if yes, what's new in an
Update?
Thanks for helping me!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Can't help except to say my 2005 300C (build date 11/04) has the same date and software revision, and has not had a revision despite a slew of problems early on.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think a dealer can give you an answer if nobody here can. My 2006 C (built Aug 05) was updated with a DEC 05 revision. The only thing I noticed was a more agressive MDS.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Hey,
THE evic told me : 7/27/04 v3.61
That is ONLY the version for the EVIC (CCN) itself. There are separate versions for every module in the vehicle. e.g. the PCM, TCM, ABS, AMP, VES, RADIO, HVAC, FCM, WCM, SUNR, etc.

The only way to check for and update all modules is to have your car scanned by a WiTech (dealer) computer.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
That is ONLY the version for the EVIC (CCN) itself. There are separate versions for every module in the vehicle. e.g. the PCM, TCM, ABS, AMP, VES, RADIO, HVAC, FCM, WCM, SUNR, etc.

The only way to check for and update all modules is to have your car scanned by a WiTech (dealer) computer.
Do you know if that costs anything or does the dealer do this for free?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I doubt the dealer will do ANYTHING for free...

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
The early versions had a number of 'glitches' in the software. It's likely that there are several upgrades avaiable for your 05, that might be of benefit - if you are having any issues.

A number of owners were able to negotiate a 'one-shot' price to do the upgrades from a dealer. When they plug in the StarScan, it will determine what needs to be upgraded and they can be done all at the same time.

I would think 1 hour of shop labor should be ample time, as it doesn't take long to do.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I figured it would cost something. I have to check it out. I'm sure the dealer will try and give me the run around like they always do! Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 05 300c woth 5.7 ltr and took it to the dealer shop to have the software update done to the 3.61 i have the 3.54 they said they did all the updates but it never changed the software version on my display isnt it supposed to change when they update?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts