Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

software update

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  myrtle300c 
#1 ·
I finally got my dealer to update software yesterday and not sure if he really did it. I told them about the phantom wipers, stuck temp and the ac cut out a couple of times last summer. Picked the car up and he said the updated software for those problems.
I had a great ride home and even thought I could feel it shifting faster. Then I checked the evic and saw that it was still version 3.54.
Can the dealer flash just those updates and not affect the software version????
If the wiper problem and temp gage is fixed, do I need 3.61?
My service guy is a nice fellow, but did grumble about "people who get their info from car forums". I just want to have all my facts straight before I accuse them of not updating anything.

#2 ·
myrtle300c said:
I finally got my dealer to update software yesterday and not sure if he really did it. I told them about the phantom wipers, stuck temp and the ac cut out a couple of times last summer. Picked the car up and he said the updated software for those problems.
I had a great ride home and even thought I could feel it shifting faster. Then I checked the evic and saw that it was still version 3.54.
My service guy is a nice fellow, but did grumble about "people who get their info from car forums". I just want to have all my facts straight before I accuse them of not updating anything.
Mine changed... But I had the tech search for any/all updates from all modules.

#4 ·
myrtle300c said:
I had the same response from my service writer when I went in to have my car re-flashed (same car forum stuff) I ended up going to the service manager who now deals with me personally. Go back in and demand that they re-flash your system and also point out that they lied to you and you will take your complaint to DC. It appears that the 5* status here in Canada seems to mean more than what I see from the posts from you folks in the US.

You should be able to demand better!!!!

#5 ·
how can i find what version my evic is running. (sorry i dont wanna hijack the thread but all i need is one post some one).

#6 ·
Myrtle and Folks

Had my SW upgraded today. In the past I have had engine and power train problems and they have updated the PCM to 5.0.2 (or 5.2) - that is the latest for that. But when they did that my read out on the instrument cluster was still at 3.58 not 3.61. As stated above if they take the time to go thru all the modules all should change includeding the 3.61 upgrade. Its obvious that some or groups (if they are co dependent) can be done idependently for different reasons and problems. You can not see all of those read outs.

I wanted the 3.61 done for the outside temp. They really bullshitted me and did not want to do it cause they said there wasn't a TSB. I complained and pushed back real hard. They did all the latest upgrades for me (3.61, TCM and a couple other). It took them some time but I am pretty confident I have all now. I think some dealers are not real good at doing it and also maybe they can't submit all the time involved for reinbursement.

Bottom line is if you do not see the 3.61 they did not do that module but may have done some others.

Bob

#7 ·
300CAWD said:
how can i find what version my evic is running. (sorry i dont wanna hijack the thread but all i need is one post some one).
I know you push the music note and the oposite same location button on the steering wheel and hold them for about 10 seconds(I'm not sure what this button is called) I'm sure someone will chime in but if you use the search you will find lots of info on this.

#9 ·
If your version does not now read 3.61, they did not do the update to fix the outside temp. I went through the same bs with the dealer I bought the car from. Posted the problem several months ago. To make a long story short, not only did they not update, they blew out the whole gauge cluster.

I ended taking it to another dealer. It was flashed in about 20 minutes.

#10 ·
Finally got back to my service writer. He says that the tech who does the upgrade stuff will not flash my car. That i don't have a recall to have it done based on my serial #. Even though my software is dated over a year ago. To fix the wiper problem, he actually replaced some swith that is in the column. not sure if that fixed it, haven't had a chance to drive much.
bottom line, that dealer refuses to update because the tech says he won't. says they got some sort of mandate from chrhysler not to do it unless there was a specific recall issued....This sucks..

#11 ·
myrtle300c,
That's garbage. I get very upset when service dept.'s "grumble" about people knowing more about their car than they do, and then blaming their lack of knowledge and closed minds on the internet. Talk about a dealer that should not touch your car - that's it! It's exactly this kind of attitude that will keep Chrysler dealers on the same level as Ford and GM dealers....at the bottom of the auto service food chain. Would a MB, Lexus or even a Honda or Toyota dealer say this? Best service I've received so far is at the Toyota dealer (sold my camry to buy the C).
The internet (and this forum especially) is an incredible knowledge tool. I would RUN, not walk, but RUN and find a new dealer. I have had this same situation.

Believe it or not, I'll be taking my 300C to the local 5 star DODGE dealer for all of my future service, parts and warranty needs. I sat down with the service manager (not a writer), and had a long talk. He even pulled up all the updates on his computer as I sat in front of him and said that yes there were indeed updates and they will hook it up and do it for me! This was after the dealer I was using said they didn't know how, and didn't see a TSB - and after I called 4 other local Chrysler dealers and asked them about it. They all said no....
So, go talk to a service manager, and find a Chrysler or Dodge dealer to help you.

...end of rant

#13 ·
Just made my appt at the Dodge dealer for mine next Tuesday - I'll post results after I get it back!

#14 ·
No it doesn't suck...it's called bullshit. There is a risk (however small) of crashing any computer while doing a flash memory upgrade. Your service dept just doesn't want to take the risk of having more (non reimbursed by DC if they trash it) work to do rather than have a satisfied customer. I had the same problem (the thread is in here somewhere, back about 3-4 months ago) and the dealer basically said that they have enough service business, so they didn't care if I took my car elsewhere. So I did, and they service manager had no problems at all with doing the flash. Was done the next day, in about 10 minutes.
Bottom liine...take the car elsewhere.

#15 ·
5point7 said:
myrtle300c,
That's garbage. I get very upset when service dept.'s "grumble" about people knowing more about their car than they do, and then blaming their lack of knowledge and closed minds on the internet. Talk about a dealer that should not touch your car - that's it! It's exactly this kind of attitude that will keep Chrysler dealers on the same level as Ford and GM dealers....at the bottom of the auto service food chain. Would a MB, Lexus or even a Honda or Toyota dealer say this? Best service I've received so far is at the Toyota dealer (sold my camry to buy the C).
The internet (and this forum especially) is an incredible knowledge tool. I would RUN, not walk, but RUN and find a new dealer. I have had this same situation.

Believe it or not, I'll be taking my 300C to the local 5 star DODGE dealer for all of my future service, parts and warranty needs. I sat down with the service manager (not a writer), and had a long talk. He even pulled up all the updates on his computer as I sat in front of him and said that yes there were indeed updates and they will hook it up and do it for me! This was after the dealer I was using said they didn't know how, and didn't see a TSB - and after I called 4 other local Chrysler dealers and asked them about it. They all said no....
So, go talk to a service manager, and find a Chrysler or Dodge dealer to help you.

...end of rant
Well put, 5.7.

Folks, if you're not happy, go find another store and meet with the service manager. You'll know by the answers to your questions if you want to give them your business.

#16 ·
Northern Rider said:
Well put, 5.7.

Folks, if you're not happy, go find another store and meet with the service manager. You'll know by the answers to your questions if you want to give them your business.
Would'nt hurt to bring a box of donuts LOL, gotta meet the svc.mgr and explain the situation, fortunately there are still some reasonable people out there.

#17 ·
made an appointment at the local dodgoe dealer, didn't realize they could do work on chryslers. Saves me from having to travel to another city. And the guy I talked to seemed pretty excited to have a C coming in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.