Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a lot of changes that I have had to make recently in my life. I have worked very hard for what I have but realize that keeping food on the table and a small roof over the heads of my wife and I is more important than material things. My business has taken a HUGE hit with the economy the way it is and I have had to make cuts there as well.

Although it was clear what I had to do, it was a harsh reality. So I am sad to say that this Friday will be my last day with my pride and joy - my 300.

Purchased back in November, although the time has been short, I have put 22,341 of the best miles of my life on her. I have no kids so ive treated her like my own. Who ever receives this car will be getting a vehicle that has been well taken care of with no physical blemishes or mechanical issues at all. I can only hope and pray that the next owner takes as good of care of her as I did.

Although the car will soon just be a great memory, this place and its members will be where I call home. I have been a member of other car forums in the past but none like this.

Thank you all so much for all your help, encouragement, and even for putting up with me when I got mad at the world and made my $2.00 a gallon for gas thread.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Man very sorry to hear of the rough spell you're enduring. Hope in the near future it picks up for you.You'll still stop in and keep everyone informed .Best of luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Man, its a shame.

I too am a business owner and as such, you need to know when to "hit the bid" on material things and never get overly attached, although I know its hard. You know when you need to walk away and that's good.

When business is good, you stock back up and when business turns, you have to do what you have to do without looking back and without harping on it too much.

I recently went through a little of the same. I sold my boat, my RV and my brand new Mercedes all in the last 4 months but you know what? I am lean and mean once again and can keep the business alive and well and once the economy turns I'll go right out and buy a bigger boat and a nicer Benz because I was able to since I "saved" the business in tougher times.

Don't look at it as a permanent change for the worse or you'll beat yourself up too much. Consider it part of the business cycle and as a business person, part of your decision making processes is to foresee upcoming problems and nip them in the butt before they escalate.

A lot of people would be ashamed to admit they need to cut loose material possessions. I applaud your frankness and know that since you realize there are more important things that take priority, you'll live to fight another day.

I do miss my boat very much but already have another picked out for when the economy turns...and it will.

Hang tough. You're doing the right thing.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I hope you're doing the right thing... what will you drive now?

Good luck on surviving the downturn and waiting, preparing for the rebound in economy. Sounds like you've got your priorities straight!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your support.

I hope you're doing the right thing... what will you drive now?

Good luck on surviving the downturn and waiting, preparing for the rebound in economy. Sounds like you've got your priorities straight!
Im not sure what I'll drive... Wifes got a subaru....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its official. Im not driving the wifes subaru but picking up an older subaru legacy sedan. Its going to be quite a change going from a 5.7 HEMI to a 2.5 4cyl. This was the same type of car I had as a first vehicle when i was first licensed. I liked that car a lot as well, not nearly as much as my 300 though...

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
We had a '97 Subaru Outback Legacy and it was a terrible traveling car... very uncomfortable for us (too small and bad seats). We bought it used in 2003, and kept it only 2 years and traded it in on our first, used 300C. Never regretted it.

Hope your Subaru experience will be much better than ours.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
well its official. Im not driving the wifes subaru but picking up an older subaru legacy sedan. Its going to be quite a change going from a 5.7 HEMI to a 2.5 4cyl. This was the same type of car I had as a first vehicle when i was first licensed. I liked that car a lot as well, not nearly as much as my 300 though...

Goodluck with the future and if things pickup you can always get another one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had a '97 Subaru Outback Legacy and it was a terrible traveling car... very uncomfortable for us (too small and bad seats). We bought it used in 2003, and kept it only 2 years and traded it in on our first, used 300C. Never regretted it.

Hope your Subaru experience will be much better than ours.
I was never a real fan of the outback legacy but I have owned 3 legacy sedans, a outback sedan 3.0, and now my wifes impreza and the new legacy to come. I liked them for what they were. The first legacy was my first car and it was awesome for a first car.

Goodluck with the future and if things pickup you can always get another one.
Oh I plan on it - and its going to be even better than the last!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this.

I've been really busy over the past couple of weeks and have been having a hard time commenting and adding to alot of the topics that have been floating around. And, to revisit this board and see another member bowing out... is unsettling. Especially, if I recall, this is the third person in a month who's had to take a step in a different direction.

Don't be a stranger, good luck!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sorry to hear this.

I've been really busy over the past couple of weeks and have been having a hard time commenting and adding to alot of the topics that have been floating around. And, to revisit this board and see another member bowing out... is unsettling. Especially, if I recall, this is the third person in a month who's had to take a step in a different direction.

Don't be a stranger, good luck!
Unfortunately I have to let go of the car but Im not going anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts