Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, no doubt you have to answer these kinds of questions frequently, but here goes:

I am looking for the right 300. I am indeed serious...I've read every review, looked at hundreds of ads, test-driven, you name it.

I really want the SRT...the only thing holding me back is: will I get tired of the stiff ride after awhile?

I've seriously considered the SRT-design C too. Do the bigger rims cause any issues with the MDS, or other performance?

Thanks...appreciate any input. I'll probably post a few more 'noob' questions :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the SRT-D, and find the ride to be taut and controlled. Not stiff and not floaty. A perfect balance, IMO. I have not driven a regular C or the SRT8, so I have no opinion on how the SRT_D compares to those models.

No MDS or performance issues with the stock 20" SRT-D wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
IMO the SRT-D offers a great compromise between the regular C and an SRT8.

Most of the flash without any of the serious performance upgrades, but still a bit more than a standard C. Since it's all factory there are no issues.

I can tell you from almost six years of ownership that while the SRT8's ride is taut it is NEVER harsh.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the SRt is comfortable compared to other cars I have ridden in. Before I modded my MINI Cooper S (stock suspension, etc) I found it to be rougher than this car.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I had to lower my tire pressure to 35psi for my liking on my srt8. Other wise the ride was too rough. Maybe that would help?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I looked in the door hinge when I recently got mine, and factory tires say to have it cold pressure at 31 psi I thought?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
32 psi is the factory recommendation for the SRT8.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
I don't know the Jeep spec but all the other models are 32.

The differences between LX SRT8's are very small.

·
Premium Member
7,946 Posts
I've had both suspension types....neither are harsh or uncomfortable. Personally I found the C a bit soft, but Euro tastes are different!

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
The SRT8 ride is very close to perfect IMO. And the 6.1 pull is heavenly, you'll find yourself doing this on on-ramps:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've had both suspension types....neither are harsh or uncomfortable. Personally I found the C a bit soft, but Euro tastes are different!
+1. I find the SRT8 suspension superb and look forward to its ride every time. I tire of soft suspensions very quickly. But, I do value car control more than I do the ride; by ride, I mean the floaty feeling of riding on air. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've driven both the 300c and a 300c SRT8, I could tell the SRT8 rode a little rougher, but not that bad.

Couldn't a guy just put 18" wheels/tires on his SRT8? I would think the taller tire would soak up more of the pot holes/bumps in the road.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I've driven both the 300c and a 300c SRT8, I could tell the SRT8 rode a little rougher, but not that bad.

Couldn't a guy just put 18" wheels/tires on his SRT8? I would think the taller tire would soak up more of the pot holes/bumps in the road.
Not all 18" rims are going to fit those big Brembos so your choice would be limited. Some much depends on how you value ride verses performance. There is no doubt that the SRT is the best bang for your buck performance-wise but the 300C still handles pretty good and goes amazingly fast for a 2 ton sedan. I drool over the SRT's but like my 300C enough to be satisfied with the performance and I actually like the look and ride from the 18" rims, and have no wish for 20's. And extra rims and winter tires don't cost as much.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Get the SRT...you won't regret it. In a head to head comparison, the C does come off more plush, but when people with random other cars go for a ride in mine, they all rave about the comfort level (ride and seats).

Robaustin,

Can you send me (or post) some pics of the edashkit treatment? I'm interested, although some of the stuff in the "full kit" seems ridiculous...I mean, a walnut rearview mirror? Really? Really? C'mon, man!

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Get the SRT...you won't regret it. In a head to head comparison, the C does come off more plush, but when people with random other cars go for a ride in mine, they all rave about the comfort level (ride and seats).

Robaustin,

Can you send me (or post) some pics of the edashkit treatment? I'm interested, although some of the stuff in the "full kit" seems ridiculous...I mean, a walnut rearview mirror? Really? Really? C'mon, man!
I recently posted in this thread with some pictures. I just wanted some extra touches of wood so I didn't use all my kit. The pictures show everything I installed except the pieces for the rear door window switches.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/carid-com/89446-wood-dash-kits.html#post1009942

1 - 16 of 16 Posts