Maximum Steel Met.
19,000 miles
MRR GF9 Concave 20" custom offset 255/45/20
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light
Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Car seat cover
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Vehicle Light
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice looking ride you got there. That's super low miles for a '15 for sure.

I like your wheel choice too. I see that you have the Alloy Edition package. Those color wheels always looked good to me on the Maximum Steel Metallic color. Didn't like them?

·
Registered
2015 300S AWD Maximum Steel currently 01/2022= 19,300 miles
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks much appreciate you checking in. Yeah so this is my 2nd 300S, I had a RWD previously with bit less equipment. I didn't care for the Phantom Black Pearl paint color, as due to the large prism-colored metal flakes, instead of a deep rich black finish... the car always looked dirty or at least dusty even when it wasn't.
It too had the good looking charcoal Y-spoke OEM wheels, but in 19" and of course the profile is different RWD vs AWD OEM, much deeper concave centers. That was what drove me to seek out an alternate, I wanted a bit more RWD profile on this car and also something more personalized. So with these MRR wheels i got all that plus i upgraded size slightly to 20" 255/45/20

As a matter of fact, regarding those OG 19" Y-spokes that came on the AWD, i have them stored downstairs with less than 6,000 miles on them and planning to list them soon in the FS forum here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is a RWD and Gloss Black exterior color. It's deep with no flakes, although scratches show up like a mother on this thing.

I live in Indiana and am driving a RWD car for the first time in like 20 years, but I was dead set on the concave wheels versus the flat profile of AWD on these. I really like the wheel design and the look, but not the AWD version of the wheels. Too flat and look different to me. So far so good, no snow and very little ice this year here (knock on wood).

Good luck with the sale of your stock wheels, I personally like that color of wheel on these cars...even the Redline Red Tricoat. I was set up to purchase this car prior to getting the one I have now, but some assbag bought it out from under me the night before I was going to drive to Illinois to get it:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Reactions: link6381
1 - 4 of 4 Posts