Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who feels that there MUST be more to the story concerning why so few vehicles are being built/shipped? I have been in "D" status w/VIN for 2-months. This is after sitting in BX status for 1-1/2 months. What is most frustrating is that my dealer (and all of his white shoe'd, plaid pants cohorts) have NO IDEA when anything will change. My "build" date was May 5th (yeah, like 6-days ago). I'm mean c'mon, we are still talking about a Chrysler 300C, NOT a handbuilt Ferrari or Lamborghini.
Something is beginning to stink here (not withstanding the thread i've following on the engine failure), I just can't figure out whether to turn off the machine, bury the body and move on, or sit by the bedside waiting for a miraculous recovery.

MichSRT8

·
Registered
528 Posts
Eewwh - truly disgusting.
(I have to remember that one).
Sorry about the Machiavellian factory behavior - but what choice do you have, really? A G35??
Right...

·
Registered
218 Posts
MichSrt8,

I'm in the same boat as you. I put a deposit down Jan. 18th finally went into D status at the End of April. The Dealer said I should have it by the end of this month. Called him yesterday and he said that "they haven't turned any wrenches on it" :confused: I wander what is the hold up? But I will wait patiently and hope for the best!

Dough

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
michsrt8 said:
Am I the only one who feels that there MUST be more to the story concerning why so few vehicles are being built/shipped? I have been in "D" status w/VIN for 2-months. This is after sitting in BX status for 1-1/2 months. What is most frustrating is that my dealer (and all of his white shoe'd, plaid pants cohorts) have NO IDEA when anything will change. My "build" date was May 5th (yeah, like 6-days ago). I'm mean c'mon, we are still talking about a Chrysler 300C, NOT a handbuilt Ferrari or Lamborghini.
Something is beginning to stink here (not withstanding the thread i've following on the engine failure), I just can't figure out whether to turn off the machine, bury the body and move on, or sit by the bedside waiting for a miraculous recovery.

MichSRT8
I'm in the same boat as you....well, not exactly. Mine is built and taking a long time to ship. I'm not as concerned with when it arrives as much as I am of my dealer honoring MSRP.

In any case, stick it out. Afterall, if you look at it objectively. It's only May and the '06's are already out. That's pretty early of a release date IMO since usually manufacturers deliver an average of 6 months before the beginning of the model year not 9 months....I could be wrong.

Since you're in D status that means your dealer definitely has allocation so you know they're not jerking you around. They will definitely build and deliver this car in your name.....Whether they honor MSRP is another story.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Being a week behind schedule at a factory operating over 100% capacity, is not unusual.
Also, I've seen times when the car will flip from D1 to KZ, b/c the info wasn't up to date in the system. Just be glad you're actually getting one!
RT

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
SRT8itchy said:
at low tide???
I love the smell of whores in the morning! :D

Rambit

EDIT: Low tide's not bad either.

·
Registered
323 Posts
For those of you with VIN's, I would definitely wait it out. The only thing you guys should have to worry about is whether or not your dealer will honor your agreed price. Hopefully it won't be an issue for most of you. For those without VINS, that is a totally different scenario. If I were in that scenario and was not in D by now then I would probably start looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SRT8itchy said:
at low tide???
Yes low tide, meaning the ships are stuck in port and the sailors are 'a plenty.

MichSRT8

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
**important Update**

All, I spoke to my dealership this afternoon. They confirmed what many on the Brampton website have been saying since last week, but I did not want to believe was true.

ALL SRT8 BUILDS HAVE BEEN PLACED ON HOLD.

I do not yet have a reason, even the Brampton workers seem tightlipped about it. Please do not give me a f**king reason like the d**m stereo did it. DCX will not stop the flow of sold vehicles because of a stupid stereo. If they have to tie a tin can and gum wrapper, you can bet your ass the line will keep moving.

I'll post more information as it becomes available.

MichSRT8

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Rambit said:
I love the smell of whores in the morning! :D

Rambit

EDIT: Low tide's not bad either.
Thanks Rambit, I damn near fell out of my chair and spit coke all over the place! Too funny! :D :D

Sorry michsrt8 for your pain- if you inhale deeply the aroma of the whorehouse at low tide will make you pass out- when you come to your beautiful new SRT8 will be there waiting on you. (hell, it makes a good fantasy anyway!) ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well if 300c srt take 6 months to get, does that mean a magnum srt ordered this week would arrive around xmas? Most of you guys are waiting for the 300 srt .

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
SRT8itchy said:
at low tide???
You never been around certain bodies of water at low tide?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Spring Issue of Strada

michsrt8 said:

MichSRT8
Spring Issue of Strada magazine (Daimler Chrysler marketing rag) arrived in the mail last week. They had a "Behind The Scenes" article on their Street and Racing Technology group. They interviewed Dan Knott - Director, SRT Chrysler Group. First question was "What is the philosophy or the rationale behind SRT?" His answer: "The philosphy behind SRT is simple: low volume, collector-series vehicles for enthusiasts giving the customer the best performance at a surprisingly low price."

To summarize: "low volume", "collector-series" for "enthusiasts" means we must be patient and wait for our cars.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
70gto said:
Well if 300c srt take 6 months to get, does that mean a magnum srt ordered this week would arrive around xmas? Most of you guys are waiting for the 300 srt .
The reason guys end up waiting so long from what I've learned is for one of 2 reasons.

1) They place order with dealers who don't have allocation, or don't know if they're going to get allocation.

Basically they lie to be able to sit on your deposit with the hope of eventually getting allocation.

or

2) The dealer does have allocation but has already filled those slots with other orders before you, so you go to the end of the line and refer to 1)

Basically, when you place an order make your dealer be VERY up front with you to either provide a VIN, or have him guarantee (somehow, don't know how) the you are getting one of their allocated vehicles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vvv90 said:
The reason guys end up waiting so long from what I've learned is for one of 2 reasons.

1) They place order with dealers who don't have allocation, or don't know if they're going to get allocation.

Basically they lie to be able to sit on your deposit with the hope of eventually getting allocation.

or

2) The dealer does have allocation but has already filled those slots with other orders before you, so you go to the end of the line and refer to 1)

Basically, when you place an order make your dealer be VERY up front with you to either provide a VIN, or have him guarantee (somehow, don't know how) the you are getting one of their allocated vehicles.
Don't forget #3. Your dealer gets allocation, you get VIN#, production delays add 3-4 months to 6-week build to order process.

MichSRT8

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
michsrt8 said:
Don't forget #3. Your dealer gets allocation, you get VIN#, production delays add 3-4 months to 6-week build to order process.

MichSRT8
That is true, and absolutely sucks.

However, 3 affects 1 and 2 directly since anyone who actually has a car in production will get theirs first.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How about not blindly sticking up for an auto company?
How about you are the consumer and they are lucky to have YOU as a customer.
Limited edition can mean 20k units. Its just a word to help boost sales. I bet they would build as many as they can sell if they could.
How about an explanation of why there is a production stoppage to the dealers so they can explain it to their customers with orders, and maybe how it may effect psople who already are driving one.
Anyone know if any have hit a dealer showroom in the past couple of days or are they holding them up on the trains as well. Its bad news if they won't release them from the rail yards. That means something is wrong with the cars and not the plant itself. Then you have to see if regular 300 production has been stopped. If it hasn't ,that means its SRT specific and that can get pretty scary.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts