Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get up this morning to take my dog to walk and get some books out of my car. I walk into the garage (i have the first spot) and look at my car. I notice that the bottom piece that goes underneath the passenger doors is not there anymore. I have no clue what happend to it, but it's not there anymore. and its only on one side..anyone have a clue on how much it is gonna cost me to get a new one?

this is what the other side looks like

·
Registered
389 Posts
This also happened to a friend of mine on his 300, only his flew off while he was driving and it hit the car behind him. He took the car and the panel back to the dealer. He told me the service guy smiled and said he wasn't the first.

Anyway they had a new one installed on his car at no charge to him.

·
Registered
101 Posts
when I took mine for service yesterday, the tech asked what happened to my passenger side rocker panel. I looked down and it was hanging off on both ends, where the fasteners hold it to the inside of the wheel well. Glad he noticed, or I would have turned out like you with a little more driving.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This has happened to others here. I remember Miles Hoover had the same problem and he was not sure when it happened.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
The longer we drive these cars the more the age old Chrysler maintenance and quality issues come to the forefront. I am really looking at the Audi A6 a little more now.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I can see it coming. Anyone that has lowered their car won't get covered under warranty because they will be accused of banging/knocking off the rocker panels on a speed bump, or some other reason.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Funny thing about Chrysler quality. I've had a Stratus for far too long now and it's been to the shop exactly once (leaking transmission fluid). I can only hope that my 300c does as well :) . Compare this to the Merc I had which was a complete headache.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Jerry M. said:
This also happened to a friend of mine on his 300, only his flew off while he was driving and it hit the car behind him. He took the car and the panel back to the dealer. He told me the service guy smiled and said he wasn't the first.

Anyway they had a new one installed on his car at no charge to him.
Wow, this is certainly scary and something to really worry about. I guess I'll begin checking mine as well...:eek:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Adds new meaning to the term, "Off your Rocker" eh?

·
Registered
52 Posts
stunna55 said:
So I get up this morning to take my dog to walk and get some books out of my car. I walk into the garage (i have the first spot) and look at my car. I notice that the bottom piece that goes underneath the passenger doors is not there anymore. I have no clue what happend to it, but it's not there anymore. and its only on one side..anyone have a clue on how much it is gonna cost me to get a new one?
I think it's like 138 for the part plus painting and labor if I'm not mistaking, becuase mine is cracked and the recomended for me to just replace it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Whistler's Mother/PS2

Adds new meaning to the term, "Off your Rocker" eh?

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thats what happened to my car. I was amazed at what is holding that very long panel on......a bunch of plastic clips and nothing more. If I didnt have neighbours out that morning when I pulled out, I would have never known it was gone. Mine fell off coming out of my parkade. I touched bottom but not hard and all the clips broke. It was cold here but even still, only one clip was ok and I am guessing wieght just popped it out. There is about 6 or 7 plastic clips that hold it on and they can not be replaced as they are molded right to the panel. Chrysler did warranty it for me at no charge. This is one reason I will not lower my car. The wheel base is streched out and like a limo, it does not take much to bottom out on these cars.
I dont know if they will warranty it since you dont even have the panel.
As everyone knows, our cars get a lot of attention and that day it was for the wrong resonos....almost a bit embarrassing!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i gotta take this thing in..it looks horrible..i looked at it closer a little later and all the metal is bent..it's not pretty...oh well ish happens.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
stunna55 said:
yeah i gotta take this thing in..it looks horrible..i looked at it closer a little later and all the metal is bent..it's not pretty...oh well ish happens.
Sorry stunna, and yes, this is a problem documented here several times. As Mikeyjohn said, Miles had this happen, couldn't find his post but here is another thread that you may want to print out and carry with you to the dealer:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26812#post26812

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts