Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
[QUOTE='05srt-8]Anyone out there have sound clips of your srt-8 with a magnaflow cat-back??? Just curious as to what it would sound like...[/QUOTE]
Search and ye shall find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
but juss so you know...the sound clips do it NO justice at all!but what i can say is
"they f'n rock"!..herbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
No significant drone at hwy speeds but just enough growl at start up and low rpms. At WOT you can't hear the difference from stock from inside, but outside it snarls. I've had them for a month and will now throw out the stock system that I kept, just in case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
300CUL8R said:
No significant drone at hwy speeds but just enough growl at start up and low rpms. At WOT you can't hear the difference from stock from inside, but outside it snarls. I've had them for a month and will now throw out the stock system that I kept, just in case.
hmm, thanks....so by 'snarl' you mean different sound, but same volume? i would've expected it to be a bit louder than stock (which would be fine with me), but perhaps the stock exhaust is already 'get-your-attention' loud?

sheesh, buying a car without sitting in it makes me ask a lot of questions :silly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
You've sure been buying paint for a long time now Doc. I didn't know that Home Depots have wifi connections.

I think the stock exhaust has close to the right about of rumble. I personally would like a little more of that bru bru bru bru sound I'd probably get from pulling the resonators, but it's not my car so that won't be happening. At high throttle levels it does have a very nice growl. After riding shotgun in it, my friend followed me in his car and said from the outside it's even more audible. It also makes a nice boom sound on wide throttle shifts that he said from the outside was VERY audible. It'll get your attention stock if you're getting on it. At idle it's more attention getting than a typical sports sedan, but I can see how the magnaflows would get more attention. I really don't think you'll be disappointed by anything when you get it doctorno, i.e. don't "buy" the magnaflows in your head before the car arrives, you may not need them (IIRC vvv90 put the stock exhaust back on his car after a while, or maybe it was Kings II).
Richard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
marlinspike said:
I really don't think you'll be disappointed by anything when you get it doctorno, i.e. don't "buy" the magnaflows in your head before the car arrives, you may not need them (IIRC vvv90 put the stock exhaust back on his car after a while, or maybe it was Kings II).
Richard
I can't believe I'm saying this but....I agree with Marlin :yuck: Get the car and see how you like it. I liked the stock exhaust the first few months but then felt the sound needed to match the power given the muscle car roots and all. I think the MF system is a happy medium between stock and the Zoomers. It's by no means a sleeper and you will get attention especially in a parking structure but it's not obnoxious at all. When you're ready put out an APB for someone in your area with the different systems. I'm sure they won't mind a road trip in the '8'.

And it was Kings II, he had the Zoomers removed shortly after install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
I haven't heard the Zoomers, but I think they are a bit louder than the Mags, maybe alot from some folks posts. I thing the Zoomers might be a good choice on a Charger SRT, given the styling and all, but with the 300, you wanna keep that sleeper aspect, but the Magnaflow just grabs a bit more attention.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Thanks gentlemen for all the good info. if i do go aftermarket, i'm sure the magnaflows will suit my preference more than the zoomers. typically aftermarket exhausts also save a little weight, give a little hp, and look better (tips), so there's that as well...

maybe i'll lay low (or as low as the SRT-8 can lay lol) until the spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
E55 KEV said:
NE1 know why the Magnaflow 300C SRT8 cost $100 more than the Magnum/Charger SRT8 system?
because we can afford it? :biggrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
165 Posts
E55 KEV said:
NE1 know why the Magnaflow 300C SRT8 cost $100 more than the Magnum/Charger SRT8 system?
If you are refereing to the website I believe it is a type-O (will be updated soon.)

The 5.7L HEMI LX systems should MSRP @ $945 and the 6.1L STR-8 @ $1045. The only real differnces in the system from 5.7L to 6.1L is tubing diameter and muffler internals. Nothing that justifies more than the $100 increase.

Since we don't actually sell direct those prices are just guidelines ... If you compare actual market pricing, you will find that all is well. Trust me, and take a look at competitive companies who are DRAMATICALLY increasing SRT8 prices just because they are for a more expensive car. MagnaFlow is NOT one of those companies.

Richard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
MY Magnaflows sound awesome

on my 5.7L 300C. Have had for a month and get all kinds of compliments. No noticeble drone at sloer speeds, although you can hear the MDS kick in every so often. It doesn;t bother me, as it does some other members.

I think I'll keep it. Got the for a GREAT PRICE through a group buy. Cant say how much but many hundreds less than what you guys are quoting below!

Also have them shipped FED EX and not UPS so the box doesn't get destroyed.


btlfed1500 said:
If you are refereing to the website I believe it is a type-O (will be updated soon.)

The 5.7L HEMI LX systems should MSRP @ $945 and the 6.1L STR-8 @ $1045. The only real differnces in the system from 5.7L to 6.1L is tubing diameter and muffler internals. Nothing that justifies more than the $100 increase.

Since we don't actually sell direct those prices are just guidelines ... If you compare actual market pricing, you will find that all is well. Trust me, and take a look at competitive companies who are DRAMATICALLY increasing SRT8 prices just because they are for a more expensive car. MagnaFlow is NOT one of those companies.

Richard
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top