Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When i'm driving slow....I can hear a "woo--wooh" faint muffled noise seemingly coming from the left FRONT wheel but I can't put my finger on it. I took it in yesterday and had the tires rotated but the faint rubbing sound is still there. Could it have anything to do w/ the steering? The mechanic thought it was the back tire that was smoothing out. After rotating the wheels the sound is still there. There isn't a direct problem with the car performing...I don't think it's a BEARING but I could be wrong......BALL JOINT? just annoying :439:

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Sounds like a bearing to me. If it's coming from the front left all the time after rotation, then it's in the hub there. Check to makes sure your caliper bolts are tight and you don't have a bad brake pad too. A shop can check the bearing pre-load for you pretty easily which is what I'd do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir! I'm going to take it in to Chrysler tomorrow. I've been taking it to Canadian Tire since I bought it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yeah I am betting on it being a wheel bearing. Common problem.

Reactions: Sobek

·
Registered
256 Posts
When i'm driving slow....I can hear a "woo--wooh" faint muffled noise seemingly coming from the left FRONT wheel but I can't put my finger on it. I took it in yesterday and had the tires rotated but the faint rubbing sound is still there. Could it have anything to do w/ the steering? The mechanic thought it was the back tire that was smoothing out. After rotating the wheels the sound is still there. There isn't a direct problem with the car performing...I don't think it's a BEARING but I could be wrong......BALL JOINT? just annoying :439:
Sobek,

I'm sorry to learn of the noise you're hearing.

When did you first notice the noise? You mention it is something heard when driving at slower speeds, is it heard inside the car, as well as from the outside? Does the noise change when the wheel is turned?

Keep us posted on what the dealer finds if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts