Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sound Group II Upgrade Question

My 300C doesnt have the Sound Group II due to the fact I caught mine on the lot and it had everything I wanted except for this option. Even had the sunroof. My question is, does anyone know if the Sound Group II parts can be ordered seperately and installed easily by a dealer or someone else? And if they can be orderer, any idea were to order from?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
You can get all the parts from any dealer. So you want the in-dash CD changer, the subwoofer with extra power? The head units are:

RAQ - 6 disc/MP3 and hands free capability

RAK - 6 disc/MP3, cassette and hands free capability

Also consider the REC - DVD Navigation/6 disc/MP3 $1795

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Why not just go to Car Toys or something like that and get a kick-arse aftermarket setup, w/DVD and television?

Hell, w/the money you spend on retrofitting the OEM stuff, you can probably get twin TVs in the headrests and a 1000 watt system!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only problem with a aftermarket system is that the steering wheel controls become useless. Thats a real bummer in such a nice car.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
badness said:
Only problem with a aftermarket system is that the steering wheel controls become useless. Thats a real bummer in such a nice car.
Why? we can put a man on the moon but we can't have steering wheel controls interface with the aftermarket. What is the point of all this "technology" if something which should be simple can't be done.

·
Registered
154 Posts
actually i have been checking into putting in a custom radio and dvd player into my 300 and there is a new piece out that can be installed so that the steering wheel controls will work. The owner at 310 here where I live has it and said it would work no problem. So its possible just look around where you live.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Why? we can put a man on the moon but we can't have steering wheel controls interface with the aftermarket.
The Lunar Module had an 8-track player but Astronauts complained because they wanted a Cassette Player. :D :D :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any way to plug an iPod into the stereo

I have the Nav system and upgraded Boston Acoustics stereo. I want to plug in the iPod or other MP3 player into the stereo to get playback in the car. Any way to do this? Does the stereo have audio input anywhere?

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Blitzsafe Auxilary Input AdaptersThe BlitzSafe XM Digital Connect Cables will make it easy for anyone to connect their favorite audio device (XM Satellite Radio tuners, iPod, DVD Player, etc ...
store.myradiostore.com/blitzsafe.html - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. I have a mexican 300c and it came with the sound group II which they claim has 7 speakers. The audio is excellent but the bass seem to only come from the front doors. If i move the fader to the rear I get no base at all which leads me to beleive the i only have mid-bass on the doors.

I have read several threads mentioning that they have a subwoofer in the trunk. is that visible buy looking in the trunk?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, the sub-woofer is hanging from the package shelf just to the left of center (looking in from the rear).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mexico I have noted the same in previous posts. The little sub is there but I can't hear it either. I still can't make my way to the dlr yet to get it checked out. I just know they will screw something up. Viva Mexico..................

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is it possible that Boston Acoustics designed this to REALLY be a subwoofer? As such you shouldn't be hearing it at frquencies that most people think of as bass 125-500Hz - that's the job of the woofers. A real sub should take over at around 80Hz and go down from there (proper roll off is involved of course.) There isn't a lot of rock/pop music that contains these frequencies produced by a sub. These are the sounds you "feel" more than you hear.

I don't know. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
kampsvilleboy said:
Is it possible that Boston Acoustics designed this to REALLY be a subwoofer?
Kampsvilleboy hit the nail on the head. The Boston Acoustic amp has built in crossovers that limit what frequencies go to what speakers. The subwoofer will only be heard on songs with deep bass. Find some deep bass, fade your speakers all the way to the rear and go in the trunk and watch. The front 6x9"s in the door handle the midbass and upper ranges of sub frequencies.

Its a crappy little paper subwoofer, and the rear deck container in the trunk is filled with tons of polyfill. You will only hear it when the amp sends a low signal.

This is also a perfect place to tap with a hi-level converter for aftermarket amp and subwoofer.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have the standard stereo, does the 300C come with the subwoofer wiring in the rear deck? I want to know if I can buy the Mopar subwoofer and just plug it in or do I have to run wiring to the trunk?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
kcrnmale said:
I have the standard stereo, does the 300C come with the subwoofer wiring in the rear deck? I want to know if I can buy the Mopar subwoofer and just plug it in or do I have to run wiring to the trunk?
Go into the trunk, and remove the trunk panel at the top of the rear deck. You should see the 6x9s on the left and right, and a hole for the subwoofer (maybe) about 3/4 of the way to the right.

Only one way to find out! :D I wouldn't recommend installing an aftermarket subwoofer there however. A freeair application with a decent subwoofer and amp would rattle the heck out of that rear trunk panel that acts as a "box." Even the stock subwoofer rattles the heck out of it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I emailed the guys at www.Densionusa.com (they make pretty cool iPod interfaces for car applications. this is the reply

--------------------------------------------------------
"Dear Steve,
Our ice>Link kit works with the 2004 Chrysler 300M, so it is possible that it does work with the 300C. If the vehicles have the same head unit, then the ice>Link will most likely be compatible with the 2005 300C. If you can provide me with more information on these vehicels and what type of head units they use, I will be happy to offer a discount on your ice>Link kit.

Mark Kovacs | Dension USA | Shipping and Sales Team
--------------------------------------------------------------
Phone 562.595.5153 x117 Mo - Fri 9am to 6pm PST
Fax 562.684.4010
Web www.densionusa.com
"Let the Music be with You!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

unfortunately I do not know what info he needs.. can anyone point me in the right direction to get them the info they need to hook us up?

thx!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I know of several sub $75 FM transmitters but they BITE! haha the sound quality really sucks. I want a solid hardwire connection.. I rip my mp3's at a pretty high bitrate to keep the sound quality tolerable, and the degredation of the signal through the little FM transmitters is like listening to AM...
Of course you may be talking about something better that I don't know about (if so would you mind posting a link? the more options the better).. I am pretty new to the custom car audio thing but don't get me started on home systems and tube guitar amps!

·
Registered
123 Posts
MP3 Player install...

I wanted the same thing you did...My MP3 player has a built in FM modulator, but the sound quality sucked big time due to the antenna being in the rear window and all. I went to circuit city and had them install a hard wired FM modulator behind the dash. I also have the full nav option in my C, and I wanted a clean look to the install. They did an outstanding job. It took a little longer than expected (about 3 hours) because I guess most radios are 12 volts, but the nav radios on the C are 6 volts...There is one small switch installed under the dash to turn the FM modulator on, and the wire that plugs into the headphone jack can be completely hidden inside the ashtray which I don't use. When I plug my player in, I can pull out about 4 feet of wire if I needed that much ( I really only need about 6 in)...there is a huge cavity under the radio which perfectly contained the excess wire. With parts and all, it was about $130. Totally worth it...Sound quality is perfect. I had an FM modulated XM radio setup in my xterra, and it didn't sound nearly as good as this does. If anyone needs pictures, email me and i'll take a few. I have no way to post them here. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts