Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my buddie has a jeep srt8 and he just put a borla catback on it . it sounds insane , the thing i love about it is , when he floors it , when it changes gears , theres a farting /backfire , and it sounds amazing . is there any line that i can put on my 300c that will give me that same kind of backfire sound ?

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
fart

my buddie has a jeep srt8 and he just put a borla catback on it . it sounds insane , the thing i love about it is , when he floors it , when it changes gears , theres a farting /backfire , and it sounds amazing . is there any line that i can put on my 300c that will give me that same kind of backfire sound ?

That whole fart noise thing comes stock on all the SRT8's, it's a torque management strategy to allow a quick shift and protect the driveline. I think it's caused by the throttle snapping shut for a split second.

Short of changing cars I don't know how a 5.7 would get it?

Funny story, my wife demands I take the predator out of the car when she's going to drive it because it removes the "fart" and she loves it!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not that we can compare the 2 but my bike does the same thing and I get the occasional flame also. Its due to the fact that I have a short distance to the end of the pipe, no cats, and an F'ed up engine control module. Its running very rich and the unburn fuel ignites in the exhaust pipe when I back off the throttle from high RPM's.

My BWM does it just by getting the catback but it still has the factory cats.

If you got rid of your cats and got a free flowing as straight thru as possible exhaust you should be able to get the same sound, but the daily driving might be way too loud.

·
Registered
845 Posts
no i have the borla on my 5.7 and it sounds great but we aren't pushing the same hp as the SRT so no fart sound.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Some call it the "Big Hemi Flatulation". :scared:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well I added it easily to my GTO when I got catless midpipes on. I had tuning done later and the tuner asked how much of the popping/backfire I wanted removed, so some of it is in the tuning. I was thinking there was an easy way to ditch the cats on the 300c but have realized there actually isn't any catless midpipes for AWD 300c's that I've found, guess I'll have to go custom if I can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts